“Good Eats!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Eats!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We met 2 other couples at our resort and we all shared a taxi to CoCo Beach. After shopping there we stopped for dinner at a locales recommended seafood restaurant. The owner welcomed us there and seemed interested in having us there. We ordered different foods so we all could taste and share. The stuffed lobster was awesome and plentiful, the jambalaya was great, the swordfish was seasoned and tasteful as reported and I had chicken which was also very flavorful. The food was in abundance we left full and happy because all that food and drinks cost us for 6 people $ 140.00 including tip.

• Slovak first
NY
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had lunch at the Papagayo Seafood restaurant and the food was awesome. A must have is the seafood gumbo and the stuffed lobster

Visited August 2014
1 Thank mchuesang
“Wish I was somewhere else...”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Terrible. I don't know what was worse: the ambient or the fact that we had to wait over 45 minutes to get our orders, which, they got wrong! I'm allergic to squid and they brought my dish with, guess, lots of squid! My recommendation: Go to straight to Tamarindo

3 Thank Jose B
Monroe, Connecticut
“Food was fine although a bit expensive.”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The location is great and the service was friendly and very good. The restaurant is one of the larger venues on the main strip in Coco and the menu is fairly typical of what you can find in other places.

Over all the meal was expensive considering the quality and quantity of the food. We have hardly skimped during our visit but I can say that this was the most expensive meal and will be memorable for only that reason.

The food was just ok. Nothing remarkable. Nothing bad. With so many other choices i will experiment before coming back.

Oak Park, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fallback in Coco!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Papagayo offers pretty good seafood and is very dependable. The cooking isn't "adventurous" (at least by american standards), but is generally satisfying. I visited three times--the ceviche and seafood soup were my favorites, so I would get them as "sides" to every meal. Entrees were good, but there is room for improvement. Also, various items were a bit inconsistent from night-to-night: e.g. my friends' tres leche was great one day, and not-so-great the next; or the composition of the mixed seafood entrees seemed to vary (I got a big ol' crawfish on top of the pile of seafood one day; I hate crawfish and this one did nothing to change that opinion).

No big surprises, but reasonably dependable.