“Eat here”
Review of Asia Tica Coco - CLOSED

Asia Tica Coco
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An array of exquisite Asian cuisines with our special Coco twist - all under one roof!THAI-CHINESE-JAPANESE-VIETNAMESENatural Fresh Organic IngredientsOur dishes are not pre-made - we prepare our food daily even our sauces are made fresh from scratch - it's good enough to feed my children.All Natural Flavors: no MSG - no artificial ingredients - no salt - no white sugarVegetarian and Gluten / Dairy Free dishes availableTake Out & DeliveryExceptional Value for MoneyCredit Cards AcceptedWIFI - A/C - OUTDOOR SEATING The restaurant will reopen on December on 2014.
Punta Uva, Costa Rica
“Eat here”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A Bamboo Shoot Grows in Coco (read, a Tree Grows in Brooklyn)

This is the best meal I have had in six weeks in Costa. The prices are absolutely outrageous (higher than authentic Thai cuisine in Canada).

Let me reiterate that the prices are absolutely outrageous.

But wow, the green curry was good. Really good.

They have vegetarian options but you pay the same price as though you had lobster in your dish, which hardly seems fair, but it sure was nice to taste a bamboo shoot.

There was eggplant in my green curry, and also black sesame seed in my rice, so this is clearly fusion and, like I said, killer-expensive, but so is all restaurant food in the Rich Coast and at least is was uber-delicious. The service was also excellent and delivered in Spanish when it was clear I and my terrible Español were practicing.

The location is unfortunate but worth the extra three minute walk or thirty seconds in your golf cart.

Were it located where the string of “same food” establishments are in Coco, this restaurant, with cool tile and neat outdoor furniture, would be packed. Instead, it was mostly empty on a Saturday night and it should not have been. The prices were on par with other restaurants in Coco and the menu a mix of Thai and Cantonese, with General Tao, Chow Mien, sweet and sour as well as Pad Thai. The establishment was extremely clean. Ditto on the washrooms.

For nine days I promised myself I would eat here on my last night in Coco. I’m glad I waited – I would have spent ALL of my money here. The food really is that good.

• Visited October 2013

BC
“a nice option for asian food in Playas del Cocos”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The prices are more steep than I would have paid in North America but it is some pretty tasty Asian food. I liked the green curry and the Pad Thai.
I was sad when they closed for the rainy season when I was still in town. It really limited by dining options.

Visited September 2013
Playas del Coco
“Thai in Coco!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Loved the Thai Green Chicken Curry. This is a must when visiting Playas del coco!
You can tell Paola the owner loves what she does, she has done wonders with the place. if you haven't been lately, please go, you won't regret it!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food for takeout!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant is a little bit away from the beach, along the main street. The interior is air conditioned but basic. We got food for takeout to have some variety from the nice local Costa Rica dishes, and our curries were wonderful!

Visited March 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place, great service, excellent food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is one of the best in Playas del Coco. Very good presentation of food. Nice choices in the menu and very good prices for the quality food you get. Nice outside sitting area. The service was very friendly and they play some awesome music!

• Visited March 2013