Tripadvisor

from $94.80
More Info
from $92.31
More Info
All reviews captain israel sunset sail fruit platter snorkel guide person crew beautiful sailboat fish great attention snorkeling spot nice size beach stop saw dolphins great captain took lots of pictures sea turtles awesome trip pod of dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been wanting to do some sailing in Costa Rica. Booked with Kuna Vela hoping to have a nice experience. Was very dissapointed with the adventure considering the price we paid. The experience was very windy and the service not so good. Drinks were ok but alcool portions were not very generous. Captain was not very friendly. Will not return.

Date of experience: January 2020
Kuna V, Owner at Kuna Vela Sailing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sad that you were disappointed with your experience. It sure has been pretty windy and our Captain is responsible for the safety of our guests, crew and boat. I apologize if his serious demeanor during that time came off as unfriendly. Our open bar includes 5 local Costa Rican beers, rum punch and rum & Coke. As for our alcohol portions in our rum punch - we feel it is always easier to add more rum upon request and are happy to do so.
I would love to take this conversation to a more personal level, perhaps through email, so I may collect additional information and feedback from you. Please contact me directly reservations@kunavela.com

Again, we apologize for your displeasure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Crew was super kind and anything you needed was provided! My mom and I went and it was pure bliss. We got to snorkel and sail then watch the most beautiful sunset! They took tons of pictures so you were able to put your phone away and just enjoy the wind of the ocean while you had a cold drink and sailed! Definitely would go again and forsure recommend to anyone.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and share with others! It was our pleasure to serve you and your Mom aboard Kuna Vela! We are so glad we could create and amazing and memorable afternoon for the two of you! I’m so glad you enjoyed our kind crew, the complimentary photos and the beautiful sunset! Thank you for choosing Kuna Vela Sailing Tours for your sailing experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kuna Vela is Pura vida , I don't have words to explain the kind of personalized service that Kuna Vela provides (VIP ) The sunset tour on the Sailboat is the best in the area

Gracias a todos los chicos del Kuna Vela Excelente trabajo , Felicidades

Thank Restaurante Vi... R

It was certainly our pleasure to host you and your wonderful friends aboard Kuna! We are so greatful that we could create an amazing and fabulous afternoon for you! Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review and share your experience with others!! Thank you for choosing Kuna Vela for you and your guests’ sailing experience. We appreciate you!!

Clint, Lindsay &Kuna Crew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unlike the rest of my family, I don’t feel comfortable in the water. However, Clint and Lindsey made this a wonderful experience for myself and my family. Their hospitality is amazing and their crew are so friendly and knowledgeable! Totally recommend this experience for everybody. For those of age, try the rum punch :)

1  Thank evelynjm123

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience! We are so happy that our hospitable and friendly crew were able to provide you with a comfortable snd wonderful experience! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Kuna Vela for your sailing experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I knew from the first message I got from Lindsey after booking this that it was going to be a wonderful afternoon. We sailed on an extremely windy day, with another couple and the three young Swiss ladies, who also just wrote a review. From the captain to the crew everything was top notch! They went out of their way to make sure that everyone was comfortable and had what they needed. The snorkeling was great, beverages and snacks delicious and watching that sun go down over the pacific as we slowly made our way to shore was fantastic! The music was great too! I can’t recommend these guys enough!

Kuna V, Owner at Kuna Vela Sailing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kathy - It was our pleasure hosting you and Greg aboard Kuna Vela. We are certainly glad that you felt in safe hands with our experienced Captain on that windy day, enjoyed the service of the crew, snorkeling, the food & beverage and the beautiful sunset with our jammin' tunes!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience aboard Kuna Vela, we certainly appreciate it! Hope to see you on your next visit to CR!

Fondly,