“A Gem Not to be Missed!”
Review of Donde Johann

Donde Johann
Ranked #25 of 108 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Sushi, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Monday tuesday close
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very happy to find this place after looking at reviews on tripadvisor. It was the first good meal we had in 3 days of our trip. The others were touristy, overpriced and not very tasty. This restaurant had great service, pleasant ambiance and delicious food. We had the Mahi Mahi that was stuffed with Hearts of Palm and Shrimp which we read about and it far exceeded our expectations. For desert we had the tempura ice cream and it's one not to pass up! The owner and chef said hello and gave us a complimentary Lemoncello which tasted home made and was a perfect end to a great meal. We will definitely be back next trip!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place has sushi that is TO DIE FOR. We ordered the Wendy roll and the Carribean roll. Both were insanely good. I literally dream about this sushi. And I eat a lot of sushi. Another dish I would have to recommend is the Mahi Mahi with shrimp and white sauce. It was so rich and delicious. When the place gets packed the service slows down (the owner's wife is the only chef) but it is totally worth it. You can tell each dish is brought to you straight off the stove or the grill. Everything is perfectly prepared and delicious. Service was great too. Our waitress was as sweet as could be. And the owner runs plates as well. I love places like that. The crowd was a mix of locals and tourists and everyone was just enjoying themselves. They have a surprisingly large space and can accommodate large parties (two were there while we were). I would highly recommend this restaurant. Not far from Liberia airport and easy to find! And no dirt road!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

In here you will find delicious food in a cozzy atmosphere with great people.This is a perfect combination.I only have one complaint , a major one....I wanted to go back! This is a must if you are on El Coco. Although it us full so food may have a tardy it is worth while.10/10
To be recognized you have to recognize.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

From the time we arrived in the open area dining area and how Johann and his staff greeted us we knew we were in great hands! The food was AMAZING!! The food was not only amazing but presentation was AMAZING!! Well portioned and we all had different orders...my daughter pasta with shrimp, my wife mahi-mahi and myself breaded coconut shrimp with pineapple. Let me tell you the shrimp were huge and quite filling!! First time I felt full eating shrimp!! Dessert? You HAVE TO TRY THE HOMEMADE CREPES!! We ordered two crepes desserts for three people....chocolate and fruit both each with ice cream and whipped cream!! PRICE? Very affordable and good for your buck!! I highly recommend if you are in Playa de Coco, stop in and enjoy dinner at Donde Johann, you will love it as we did!!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Excellent! Just a wonderful place: great food, fantastic service, terrific presentation and atmosphere, all for very reasonable prices. Thanks for having us; we will be back again. Soon, and often.