“A level of service that went above my expectations”

Tropical Comfort Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Leslie Sanchez, as the owner and Operator of Tropical Comfort Tours I feel 100% confident of my services in the tourism field since I have done it for twelve years. My experience combined with your enthusiasm will make you enjoy deeply what our country has to offer to all our visitors.Tropical Comfort Tours represents a personally and carefully hand picked group of licensed and custom-oriented tour guides who know all the ins and outs and can make the most out of your stay in Costa Rica.
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Overall experience:
Even before going to Costa Rica I had a hunch our tours were going to be perfect because of Leslie. He was professional, fun spirited, and provided a level of service that went above my expectations. Leslie and I exchanged emails several times before making final arrangements for our girl's trips. He listened to what "WE" wanted to do and made it happen. I liked how he wasn't like other tour guides that are pushy salesman trying to offer the most expensive tour, he's more of a friend showing you a good time. On both of the tours we took he shared with us information about Costa Rica, joked around with us, pointed out things along the way and made it feel extra personal when he showed us a few special spots. Leslie is very easy going and so patient with us because we wanted to take pictures of everything so he'd stop and wait for us to do so. He truly makes it "Tours your way"

Tour #1: Borinquen:
On this tour it was suppose to start at 7:00am but we wanted to push it till 8 because we wanted to sleep in. Leslie was there a few mins early but told us to take our time and that we could leave whenever we wanted. When we arrived at Borinquen we took a short walk to the stables then horseback riding up the amazing mountains of Rincon de la Vieja. The views of valley and transitional forest are truly beautiful. We saw several waterfalls and interesting animals, birds, and bugs all around. We then geared up for our canopy tour. There are ten cables to ride, # 8 is the longest and the last one you can go upside down by yourself, this was my favorite. We then had a delicious lunch at the restaurant. After lunch we spent the rest of the afternoon in the hot springs area. We started off the in the sauna which is heated by volcano vents, then covered our bodies with mud also from the volcano vents, and finally relax in the hot springs. It was raining by the time we were in the hot springs which surprising made it ever more relaxing.

Tour #2: Canon De La Vieja: White Water Tubing
Yes I SAID IT!!! Tubing not rafting =D. This was my favorite tour. We took a short drive down the road where the tour begins and rolled our tubs off the truck. We all took turns pushing them down the hill to see who would get their tub out the furthest (this was hilarious, they just bounced all over the place). We got in and floated down the river for about 1 1/2 hours. Since it had rain the day before the water level was high and the rapids were awesome. There are a few waterfall drops that were 6-7 feet tall and we all made it out alive. =D

Airport Service:
Leslie was on time and had a sign with my name on it. He greeted us with a SMILE and grabbed our bags. On our way to our hotel he pointed out landmarks along the way. He also gave us a quick tour of Playa del COCO downtown area. He pointed out the restaurants he liked and showed us where the locals hang out.

Additional Services:
Leslie reached out to some people for taxi service and boat services so we would always have a point of contact to get around if we needed it, we ended up using his taxi person everyday which helped us save some money.

You will not be disappointed if you hire Leslie as your guide in Costa Rica.

3  Thank F F

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Leslie, you showed us what felt like secret gems in Guanacaste: A magical waterfall and hidden swimming hole with fresh cocunut milk to quench our thirst after the climb back to the car; a mosaic tiled covered church with its tower reaching to the heavens; an animal rescue farm with many native animals and birds including an abundance of parrots, an ocelot, and aged but beautiful jaguar; a personal and up close sighting of a family of wild monkeys with a small baby in tow OUTSIDE the cages; and lunch at a river side restaurant serving up the best of Costa Rican cuisine. A tour organized by Leslie will be the most memorable highlight of your visit to this region of Costa Rica.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Thank you, Leslie for an incredible day touring Costa Rica with my family and friends. Countryside, secluded waterfall, outstanding lunch along the river, local churches and their architecture, roadside stand to buy our produce, local honey, and all the help organizing my getting a rental car for the remainder of the week and your personal contacts helping us find just about anything we have inquired about! We weren't simply touring, but rather enjoying the day with a "new friend" and all that Costa Rica offers us. Thank you for your kindness and care!!!

1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed on the Peninsula Papagayo and booked two tours with Leslie Sanchez. We told him we wanted to experience the country with a knowledgeable person and that we wanted to immerse ourselves in the country. We were not disappointed as his passion, knowledge, and pride in his country were clearly demonstrated to us.

The first was a half day trip to Palo Verde National Park. Due to our location, the tours needed to start early with 6:00 AM pickups. Leslie was wide awake, waiting for us and ready to go as we arrived at our lobby to meet him. Our first stop on the way tot he River Boat tour was a fantastic local restaurant for a "typical" Costa Rican breakfast. Great way to start the day! We knew we picked the right person for our tours. We had an exciting and informative trip and we looked forward to the next day with him.

The second trip was a full day excursion to Arenal Volcano for hiking through the forest, waterfalls, a biological sanctuary and finally hot springs. Again, Leslie was exceptional with the planning and execution of the day. It was as we had hoped. Leslie was informative without being overbearing, flexible to our change of schedule mid-day, passionate and excitable as if he were seeing some things for the first time himself. He was also at ease with a leisurely pace or a challenging "boot camp" run from the base of the La Fortuna waterfall with our son. He clearly heard what we wanted to do and experience and planned our trip to accomplish that.

We had a truly wonderful time with Leslie and would highly recommend him to all who consider guided tours. Pam and Danny

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family and I did a day trip to do zip lines, horseback riding, mud baths and hot springs. I was incredible because of what Costa Rica has to offer but, mostly because of Leslie Sanchez our guide. He has great passion for people, his country and what it has to offer. Leslie made my family and I feel really special, we could feel his passion for giving his clients an experience they will never forget. You can tell he does it because he love to and not just for the money. When we go back that will be the first thing my family does is book his services for another trip. He and his organization is first class! You must book him.