“Breathtaking & Unforgettable experience”

Marlin Sailing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin Sailing Tours offers both open and private afternoon sailing tours on board a brand new 65 foot catamaran. View the Costa Rican coastline from the water. Watch for whales, dolphins and turtles. Open bar, light lunch, snorkeling and a Costa Rican sunset are included in the price. Great for the entire family.Daily departures from Playa Del Coco or visit our sister catamaran Marlin del Rey in Playa Tamarindo.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
New York City, New York
“Breathtaking & Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I must say that I absolutely loved Costa Rica, the people, food, culture shopping, etc. I must say that I've traveled to many countries and done Catamaran cruises and the Marlin del Rey has to be the best, fun, and most memorable experience I've had. This is a must do excursion while in Costa Rica. I booked through Bookit.com... Just keep in mind there are other catamarans so make sure that you specifically book for the Marlin Del Rey and the most amazing crew Jeffry, Rudy, and Johan.... They'll give you the best expereicne possible and you'll never be without an amazing cocktail or beer in your hand. Which is included not to mention the most amazing fresh fruit. I can't forget to mention that I love to fish and they have fishing rods on board to troll while cruising, we ended up catching 2 fish. Couldn't get any better than that... We also got to take a filet of each back to the RIU Palace and the Chef prepare an amazing meal which fed 4 ppl...

Overall this is a MUST DO excursion!!!!

Visited September 2013

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My sister and I went on this trip, not to sail, but to enjoy the view and check out Playa del Coco (Coco Beach). The crew, the food, the views, the wildlife, and the activities were all amazing! The crew told us that they home-made the salsa, guacamole, and cookies everyday - all very delicious! The crew also got in the water once we anchored and showed us some underwater wildlife while snorkeling.

The one thing I was upset about was that the crew threw away a lot of the uneaten food, for which they said they couldn't keep it, how about make less?! Also, many people on the same tour were littering the boat and the water by throwing trash and waste off the boat!! Costa Rica is known for its conservation and sustainability - why would they allow such a thing?

Other than these minor things, the trip was amazing for two girls traveling alone in Costa Rica and when I go back to Costa Rica I will definitely sign up again for this tour because it is worth every penny!

Thanks again to Jeffry, Johan, Leo and Johnny!!

Spring, Texas
“Take this trip!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I had been on the Marlin del Rey previously and LOVED IT but this last week we took our 3-year old twin sons and, though we had been impressed before, we were positively blown away by the crew this trip. To make matters more interesting I'm five months pregnant so had a little difficulty balancing at times, and swimming back to the boat after we anchored for some snorkeling was challenging while hauling a little boy along. The crew immediately jumped to help and was on hand every second to ensure my comfort and the safety of the boys.

In addition to the crew the trip itself was phenomenal. We saw dolphins and whales and outran a storm which was SO exciting! Dinner was delicious and the boat is gorgeous! Over all wow! Just WOW! The care and consideration the crew showed was phenomenal and our boys (and we!) had a fabulous time. You won't regret a moment if you go with this team.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“New Marlin crew was great”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food and drinks was off the rocks. The crew was very entertaining and very accommodating, especially when we were let off for snorkling. They stopped long enough for us to take pictures of the dolphings, turtles and whales.

Blainville, Canada
“Sailing on the New Marlin”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were in Costa Rica in July 2013 and had the pleasure to sail on the New Marlin. The catamaran is beautiful and very comfortable. Food is good, spectacular sunset, very nice crew. Special thanks to Bret, Jeffrey and Yoan. It is a "must" if you go by Playa Coco.

DBG