“I absolutely love this place!”

Congo Cafe, Arte & Diseno
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Where art meets fine eating, Congo coffee, art & design Costa Rica opens from 8am until 8pm Monday thru Saturday, Sunday from 8am until 6pm. Everything is made locally with fresh ingredients bringing you great coffee selections, healthy salads, sandwiches, desserts and much more. Come and join us, we are the meeting place of Costa Rican traditions, great food, art and design.
Atlanta, Georgia
“I absolutely love this place!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been here numerous times in the last almost two months, and would say it's one of my favorite places that is not on the beach, to visit here in Coco. Very friendly staff, love talking to them!

I mostly come here to grab a coffee and work from my laptop for a while. Love their Latte and pizza that I've had here! Also, have had a few of their milkshakes and it's to die for!!

Must admit, their internet isn't the fastest for my taste, but that would never stop me from visiting. Oh, and can't commit on the shopping experience, not my thing. :)

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
“Interesting set up”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

A bar on the middle of the shop to relax clothing from all over the world on the other side of the bar
An eclectic gallery with paintings jewelry and more
The air conditioning is working well
Witch help to shop with the heat of playa del coco

Halifax, Canada
“Could not get served”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Although only one other table there, we couldn't get service from the rude wait staff. When we looked through the gallery the gentleman there was very friendly and nice so we were quite surprised when we got seated and completely ignored. Waited and saw that the staff were just talking amongst them-self and one was texting on their phone. Would love to have tried the food so I could have left a review. Very disappointed and were used to the slow pace in Costa Rica, but this was different than anything we've ever experienced in six years of coming to Costa Rica.

Visited January 2014
msuarez, Owner at Congo Cafe, Arte & Diseno, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing. We really appreciate your comment. On behalf of our Congo Staff we apologise for the inconvenience. All of our Congo el Coco Staff has been talked to in hope for them to learn from this experience. Hopefully you will come back and see a difference. Kind Regards.
Montreal, Canada
“A Great Spot to Relax”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I discovered this little gem last year when I came to visit my parents here in Playa Coco and we just keep going back. This little spot has everything, meals, great coffee and amazing desserts. But it also a shop with art, local craftsmanship, clothing, jewellery...you name it!

I had a coffee here for the first time today and I have been missing out, even the decaf espresso that I ordered was AMAZING, not to mention their home made cinnamon rolls (a real favourite of mine). And the service is lovely, English or Spanish, they happily accommodate both (even my super broken Spanish) with a big smile.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for dropping by! We really appreciate your comment. Kind regards.
Buffalo, New York, United States
“I feel like I live at this place!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This place has been an oasis for me since I'm working and living here in Costa Rica. I often come here for coffee or lunch or a smoothie and work on my laptop, and I've also bought a number of things in the boutique for myself and for gifts. I've never ordered anything off the menu that I didn't like!

Visited September 2013