“Great pizza”

Pizzeria La Caveja
Ranked #11 of 109 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family runned typical Italian restaurant. All our dishes are home made, with fresh products on a daily base. Check out our daily specials. Our pizzas are prepared in an original wood oven which gives them the original flavor.We are open for suggestions and special reguest. Cannot find your pizza on our you menu? Ask and together we can see if we can make one that you prefer. Here you find: -Italian food and dishes -Emilia-Romagna's food and dishes -pizza -vegetarian dishes -vegan dishes -free gluten dishes We hope to see you soon! Romina e Alessandro
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

If you are in Playa del Coco and want a real Italian pizza by real Italians, then look no further

1  Thank KDahmani

Reviewed July 8, 2012

So we stopped in here for dinner while watching it monsoon outside! The owner was so friendly and endured my pathetic attempt at Spanish. The food was outstanding. 2 large mushroom pizzas for 4 adults and 1 order of spaghetti split between my 11 and 8 year old and we left full and extremely happy. I will definitely go back this week. And I would recommend it to anyone! One word of note they do not open until 5 pm.

1  Thank CharleyB72
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went with friends for a few drinks, we ordered 4 pizzas and they where just wonderful, great crust, good portions and great value. This is the place to stop for some comfort italian food while in vacation.

2  Thank Mao_Costa_Rica
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a much cheaper option than Villa Italia. Still relatively expensive though. Four ate without alcohol ( I dont think they serve it) for 50 dollars.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

One of our favorites in t Coco. We were there in June - which is the slower season. The restaurant is only open Thurs - through Sunday. Perhaps it is open every day in the busy season. :La Caveja is run by a wonderful friendly Italian couple. The first night we had Lasagna - best ever. The pasta is homemade and incredible. Then next night I had a pizza, my wife had spaghetti Bolognese - again excellent. Be forewarned - if you are planning on a thick, doughy, bread type crust - you will not find it here. But one taste of the this marvelous thin crust pizza - you will forget all about the thick bready type crust. The next night my wife and I split a small pizza and an order of spaghetti. Just great...would recommend to everyone!!

2  Thank bobandjaynejax