“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the beginning of my booking, Memo was on point with responding to my inquiries, picking us up and taking us back to the airport. He was not able to pick us up but made sure that he had someone there, who turned out to be a great representative of his business. His assistant was very courteous and answered all of my questions regarding the different tours they had had to offer. I ended up booking two tours with Memo, the first to Buena Vista, which turned out to be an exciting, adventurous tour. We did (my daughter and I) horseback riding, zip lining, water sliding and enjoyed the beautiful hot springs and topped it off with a wonderful lunch, and the whole time Memo was very informative and attentive.
The second tour was to the national park where we got to see the white faced monkeys, iguanas, bats and even a crocodile, and finished it off with an authentic Costa Rican lunch (yummy). Memo was great from beginning to end. So if you need a tour or an airport transfer Memo is your guy; very exclusive and professional! My daughter can't stop saying Memo!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a GREAT transportation and tour experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

When we arrived at Liberia airport, we were greeted by Memo and quickly escorted to his clean, air conditioned van. On the way to Tamarindo, he was informative about the area. He was also a very safe driver, which is not the norm in the area!. A few days later we did a private tour with him to Buena Vista.. What an awesome day! Zip lines, water slides, horseback riding, hot springs, and great buffet lunch. Great day for the adults and teenagers! No boredom factor at all!

Memo assured everything was perfect! On our last day, he also took us back to the airport. So from beginning to end, he made certain we never waited or worried. He took so much of the travel concerns we normally experience when traveling in a different country away. We would highly recommend his services. Affordable, safe and lots of fun!

1 Thank Britt Family I
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome service with Memo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked our grand transportation on a recent trip to Riu Guanacaste in mid-June 2013. Bryan picked us up at the airport and handled our bags for us as well as answered all of our questions on the ride to the resort. He was very professional and courteous. Memo emailed that night to see how our pickup went and confirm our day trip a few days after. Memo arrived at our resort Sunday morning on time and we took off for the Buena Vista Canopy tour. We stopped at a supermarket where he picked up some cold beverages for us to enjoy throughout the day. He was more than professional, quite helpful and taught us so much about Costa Rica. Our combo tour was awesome. It was supposed to be private but we ended up with two couples from the Riu Palace (we were at Riu Guanacaste). My friend and I didn't mind because they were adults and not going to slow us down and it is nice to have others to talk to sometimes! The ziplining was amazing and the staff at Buena Vista was superb. At each stop on the tour (ziplining, waterslide, lunch, horseback riding, and hot springs), Memo prepared us and gave us specific instructions. The other couples would then say...what'd your guy say? Looks like he was giving you lessons!! For sure, Memo adds the personal touch that you will not get elsewhere. He also took pictures for us on the horseback ride, when we exited the waterslide and in the hot springs (he doesn't go ziplining but the staff takes pictures). Memo looks out for your best interest and because of that we skipped the waterfalls as the previous few days he had encountered some very dangerous snakes there and did not want to put us in danger. On the way back after a full and fabulous day at Buena Vista, Memo stopped on the road for a beautiful picture and anytime we saw something (like rainbows) he stopped so we could capture the pictures. He also stopped on the way back so we could get a real coconut. It was awesome!! I can't say enough good things about Memo. I will definitely book with him again next time I go!!

2 Thank Roni1181
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Friendly, Fun and Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We did the Buenavista tour with Memo. It was a private tour so it was just me and my boyfriend. He picked us up right on time, had water and beer int he cooler, AC in van was very cold. We drove about an hour half to the property where we did zip lining, hot springs, lunch water slide and mud bath. Memo was very nice he did not rush us. He explained a lot of things to us about the cutlure and surrounds of Costa Rica! Would def book again with him when we come back to Cosat rica

1 Thank Cynthia R
Darlington, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Best part of an Amazing Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Guanacaste in December, and we had the most amazing time. By far, our most memorable experiences were with Memo. If you have been on any tours, do you remember the tour guide's name? I can guarantee you, 10 years from now, when recalling our trip, we will remember his name and time we spent together. That is how awesome our time was, and how fantastic our experience was.

First off, he provided excellent customer service from the beginning. I had seen his name mentioned in several reviews for our hotel, so, we contacted him and another tour provider to check on our options. He was very quick to respond every time, giving us great details and suggestions. The other tour provider never even wrote back. We are one's that usually stay away from tours, as we do not like the whole cattle call feel of them, so we were taken with the fact that we could go on a private tour without having to ride with and wait around on others.

On that Thursday, he picked us up at 7am per his recommendation, so that we could beat the rush. We were probably the first people on the river, and the boat had just four people, Memo, the boat captain Cesar (great guy by the way), my gf and myself. We saw some amazing things on the river...wow! It was like watching an episode of Planet Earth right before our eyes. We saw such beautiful birds, humongous orange iguana's, etc. Memo pointed out a Jesus Christ Lizard walking across the water... amazing! We saw some monster crocodiles, some of which came right up to our boat. I also witnessed one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, which was a monkey fight an iguana with a stick over a piece of fruit... It was like a miniature version of King Kong versus Godzilla. I absolutely loved the fact that we had so much room on our boat, especially when I saw several totally full tour boats going up and down with everyone with their camera's with huge lenses.... I would bet money that our pictures were better and more up close and personal with our little Canon XS130 than some of these professional rigs! If you love nature and animals, I 1000000000000000% recommend this tour.

As you can probably tell, we had a fantastic time. We loved the personal attention and the fantastic customer service provided by Memo. For example, the one morning we left at 7, which was too early to eat breakfast at the resort. He had heard us mention our displeasure with the food at the resort, so he stopped at this little store and grabbed us some empanadas... WOW! We live in San Antonio, and these were by far the best empanada's I have ever experienced. He was very punctual. He was a great driver, we always felt safe and secure, even on some of the treacherous winding mountain roads. We learned a lot about the culture and people of Costa Rica, and we had some fantastic conversations with him, about everything from rude drivers to Costa Rican politics (they sound a lot like America's issues!) to food to his time in America. He helped us take some great pictures, even grabbing our camera to take some of things we had trouble spotting, and taking some of us as well. He definitely did not put on a sales pitch, or make us feel like we had to stop and shop at certain places or buy trinkets at the various stops.

All in all, this was a fantastic experience. If you want a private, personal experience with your friends or loved ones, I would recommend Memo wholeheartedly... you will not be disappointed. If you prefer a bus full of people... this is not the tour for you. Tell Memo we said hello!

Visited December 2012