Review Highlights
Excursion from Secrets with Mainor Lara

Mainor gets 5 stars in our opinion. He is located at the beach area at Secrets and the name of his... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
SP11111
Houston, Texas
Excellent Tour - Excellent Person

I will cut to the chase. The tour with Mainor was one of the best experiences we had in Costa Rica... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
Rob S
via mobile

All reviews mainor lara the mega combo tour horseback riding zip line hot springs private tour costa rica hacienda guachipelin howler monkeys palo verde pura vida take pictures sugar cane via email airport transfer white faced monkeys rock climbing
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We used Tours Your Way for the second year in a row and were very pleased with their service. They were very flexible about the change in schedule for airport transportation when our flight arrived a day late. The driver even brought us a bag of our favorite apple bananas that we had wanted to buy in Costa Rica the previous year but never got a chance. We also did a trip to the Zip line place where Ray acted as our group photographer then we went to Tamarindo surfing beach. They were happy to make stops at the supermarket and Subway (my son's favorite restaurant!) and they waited patiently for hours while we were waited out a thunderstorm so we could enjoy the beach. At 4:30, I asked if we needed to start packing up to go back, and Ray said, "It's up to you...it's Tours YOUR way!" So I jumped back in the water and caught a few more waves before we left. Another day Mainor took us to an ATV tour. We had to leave for the airport at 3:45 a.m. but they never complained and were always on time. Great company!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I were in Costa Rica during the last week in June, 2013. It was our first visit to Central America. Mainor Lara Bustos was our driver/guide in the San Jose/Central Valley. He also provided transportation and assistance when we crossed the border into Nicaragua. Mainor was knowledgeable and professional. Our visit to Costa Rica was more relaxed and enjoyable because we used the services provided by Tours Your Way.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My daughter and I travelled to Guanacaste Costa Rica in July 2013. We were referred to Tours Your Way by a friend. I highly recommend this tour company. It is a private business owned and operated by Manor Lara. Manor is a native Costa Rican and has been in the tour business for many years. He speaks fluent English. We used Tours Your Way for 5 of our 7 days in Guanacaste.
From the start of our adventure Manor was waiting for us at the airport. He was courteous and friendly. For each tour he was punctual and would get us to our destination early. This was a major advantage because we beat the tour busses from the other resorts. The drives were scenic and full of information. This is something you will not get if you take the typical tours. Whether stopping at the roadside to crack a coconut or in a local restaurant you will experience more Costa Rican culture.
Tours your way is like having your own personal traveling concierge. They are well connected to the tours. It seemed as if Manor knew everybody. Because of this we were able to experience the local culture more intimately. Tours Your Way gives an extra special touch. Manor would show up everyday with coconuts and specific juice that my daughter came to like. His cousin Rey was also excellent. Since this was our first trip out of the country like this, safety was a concern. Manor would watch our belongings and took many pictures of us. At no time did we feel unsafe.
So, if you are looking for a safe, friendly, personal tour it truly is "Tours Your Way ... or NoWay!

1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were in Costa Rica in late June. We used Tours Your Way for 5 days of tours, plus transportation to and from the airport. All in all, we had a fabulous experience and would highly recommend this company to anyone who asks. The guides we had were Rey for a few days and Miguel for a few days; both were excellent. We really got a private tour and it was very much well worth it. Both guides were very knowledgable and taught us a lot about wildlife and plant life during all our tours. We didn't realize initially how much better private tours are until we met up with a larger group on one day. We did tip lines, tubing, rafting, hiking, river boat cruise, volcano hike, waterfalls, and more. They also picked us up at the Liberia airport when we arrived, as well as took us back to the San Jose airport. The entire experience was customized to what we wanted to do. If you are going to Costa Rica, I highly recommend using Tours Your Way.

1  Thank Davi K
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Costa Rica in June and used Tours Your Way for all tours. We went on 3 tours and Mainor and his team were awesome!! We did the Palo Verde, Skywalk (canopy), and Hacienda tours- all were top notch experiences. We saw everything from scarlet macaws to crocodiles to dart frogs on the Palo Verde tour (all of which Mainor and his crew were able to spot first and point out). Skywalk was amazing to walk above the rainforest and look down at everything. Hacienda was great for adventure which is something I loved. Each tour had added personal experiences only Tours Your Way would provide. For example, we got amazing local breakfast before 2 of the tours, went off roading to see oxen, stopped to check out a gorgeous waterfall, and so much more. I wouldn't use any other tour company when I go back to CR!!