“Coconutz- a nice find”

Coconutz Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 109 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Caribbean, Costa Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Coconutz is the local "Expat" hangout & tourist Bar & Grill. Home of Angry Goats craft Brew House. We have 14 TV's & projection screens for all Sports. Known for great pizza, burgers, WINGS, and seafood. Live Music 3 nights a week, with a mix of latin/american folk, Rock'in Blues, & classic rock. Karaoke every Tuesday that gets the whole town rocking! Outdoor deck where you can sit or swing at the rail & watch people go by. Come party with Fishermen, Divers, Scoundrels, Smugglers, Beer Aficionados, All Inclusive & 4 Season escapees! Those looking for the simpler life are welcome. Monkeys show up some afternoons in the trees above. Be on the lookout for iguanas. Sometimes they get feisty and fall out of trees. If one lands on your table, we buy you a drink! The place to party for NFL & college football, NHL hockey, NBA, MLB, UFC, and Soccer games. Hottest place in town for Halloween, New Years Eve, horse parades and any Costa Rican or American/Canadian holiday!
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Super delicious pizza! I liked the atmosphere and the drink prices. Get the beer bucket! A perfect place for a group of friends or a family.

1  Thank Prothror

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and the drinks were huge for the price! Definitely worthwhile. We stopped here during a shopping trip to Coco Beach and had a few drinks to cool off.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

food was typical bar food but above average in taste, portions, and prices. I enjoyed being with the locals to watch the soccer game!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place is pretty good! Good pricing, nice owner, good drink specials and the food is good as well. Went there quite a few times during my stay.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I didn't expect to visit this place while in Coco; it sounded way too American, while I prefer local color when traveling. However, we ended up there 3 times. First, friends we met suggested we meet there fore drinks before going dancing. Rum drinks were on special that night (a Saturday) for $2. Also, the seating is all outside which makes it a pleasant atmosphere. The next day we had breakfast at Coconutz, mainly because we were not sure where else to go. The breakfasts were $7 and there were several choices: my friend got fresh fruit with eggs & toast; I got the traditional Tico breakfast of gallo pinto, eggs, sausage, and a plantain. Both included coffee or juice. The service was very slow as there seemed to be only one waitress for about 6 tables, two of which had large groups. But the food was tasty and I considered $7 to be a good deal. And then that night, a Sunday, we went for ladies' night, where most drinks are discounted for girls. I had 3 glasses of wine and it came to $5. So while I would not say it is my favorite place ever (nor was Coco in general), we did get some good deals and have some fun here.