“Great Sports Bar, cold beer”

Coconutz Sports Bar & Eatery
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Caribbean, Costa Rican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Coconutz is the local hangout and tourist Bar & Grill. We have 14 tv's and 3 projection screens for all the sports... Known for the great pizza,burgers and seafood entrees. Burgers so big, a grown man cant finish it.. Live Music 3 nights a week, with a mix of latin/american easy listening classic rock. Karaoke every Tuesday. With an outdoor deck atmosphere you can sit at the rail and watch the people on the street. The monkeys show up between 3-5 in the trees above for a nice afternoon treat
London, ON Canada
“Great Sports Bar, cold beer”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stumbled upon this sports bar restaurant, bar on our first day in Coco while looking for an ice cold beer. Happy hour starts from 3 to 7 pm at $1.40 per beer....great deal. We decided to have a Supreme Pizza....what a meal! This is probably the best Pizza I have ever had. Large pizza is about 18 inches....we took half of it home with us. On Fri, Sat and Sun when football games are on, people come dressed up in team t-shirts and hats of their favourite teams. Thurs to Sun they have live entertainment. Don't pass up a visit to Coconutz even if it is for Happy Hour.This is now our local hangout bar for Happy hour.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank scooter007

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
“A fun place to eat”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice while in Coco. The atmosphere and staff are fun there. Our kids shared the 'big %$& nachos' and they were happy with them. By Canadian or American standards you might find the portion on the small side. I had the Mahi Mahi once which was 'ok' and my husband and I shared a pizza the second time and that was 'ok' too. Having said that I would still go back for a relaxed lunch or dinner and a good time.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Valarie11
Niagara Falls
“Good food, killer atmosphere”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We took a short taxi ride over from out hotel, about 10 minutes. Cute little beach bum town, where this quaint little laidback pub is.

We had plans of a quick bite and a few brews, Well the people watching and service had us miss our shutte, so we stayed for some more. Had a BLT with fries, something I needed at that point in the trip just to have a taste of home, my friend had chicken fingers that were equally as good. Our bill was really cheap.

The bar just has this vibe that sucks you in and you want to stay. Service is quick, it seemed like everyone was in charge of all the tables so you were never waiting. If I ever make it back to this neck of the woods, I would surely stop in. Would love to see it in full swing at night, they have a small little stage.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank THEHIPSTER
Roanoke
“Great food--so so/not so good service”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate lunch at this establishment when we visited Coco Beach for a few hours. The had a varied menu. We were a party of 5. The waitress took our order and got us drinks quickly (we were hot and very thirsty). I ordered a cheese burger and fries. My son and I got our order as placed. My wife's order was wrong, my sister in law NEVER got her order and my niece got 1/2 of her order. The food that we did get was really good but the waitress seemed offended that we advised our order was screwed up. A different waiter came over to us at one point and could have fixed the order issue but apparently he just shook his head and did nothing.

Overall a disappointing experience purely based on service. Again the food was great. Just a shame we got very bad waitress. Oh, and be prepared to pay a ton for the food too! Our order for 3 people was over $50 US. I was shocked!

Visited December 2012
“This place and beach bums are my favorite in coco.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Burgers are also better here than the famous Jimmy's. The atmosphere is great. You can also catch most pro sports games here