“Fun with Family”
Review of Avispas Adventures

Avispas Adventures
Ranked #13 of 73 Tours in Playas del Coco
More attraction details
Owner description: While offering all of the traditional tour packages and transportation services, Avispa’s Adventures aims to provide you with an active experience of the real Costa Rica-providing tours like no others, taking you off the beaten path for a one of a kind, matchless experience which is over and above a standard big coach tour.Avispa’s Adventures - licensed and insured - is privately owned and operated by a North American, Amy, and a Costa Rican, (Tico) Avispa. Our company provides personal attention, superior customer satisfaction and unique adventures for an unforgettable experience. It is truly our pleasure to share the natural beauty of Costa Rica through a native’s perspective, while maintaining the desired comforts and quality of service that today’s travelers expect and deserve.
Campbell River, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun with Family”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hello, my name is John Herron and I have been on several trips with Amy and Avispas wounderfull Family of talented guides. Getting to get the chase here, I had a wonderfull time on the trip to Granada in Nicaragua, not to mention all the side trips while there, 2.5 days all filled with great local fare, Flor de Cana Rum and Victoria Cervesa's. I also went on the Palo Verde River tour watching Corcadiles,Bats, Birds,White faced Monkeys.. oh, and did I say my favorite "Birds". There's way more to Nicaragua and Costa Rica and I'll be seeing it with Amy and her well oiled crew.
Amy you and yours took really good care of me..I truley felt like family and thanks to you all! See yah next time!!

Visited January 2013

Bonney Lake, Washington
“Best Money We've Ever Spent!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The night before we flew into Costa Rica, I made one last effort to convince my husband we ought to try a couple of tours for our anniversary. We have never used a tour company before, as we like to explore attractions locals love, away from the crowds. I saw Avispa's Adventures recommended by a family who stayed at the same timeshare we were to visit, so I contacted Avispa's. Amy responded within minutes of my email, making an international phone call, so she could help me work out the details of our trip. Not only did she help me decide which tours fit our interests most, but she saved us money on a rental car by advising us to put off our rental for a few days and tour first. That way, we could learn from our guide what other sights we might enjoy as we set off on our own. Avispa's met us at the airport, gave us a local cell phone to use during the duration of our stay, and saw to details we hadn't even considered! Once the morning of our first tour arrived, we found they had carefully matched us with another couple with similar interests and activity level. This was true of both tours, the Palo Verde and the Eco Adventure. Such attention to detail made for an excellent day AND lasting friendships. Amy and her staff went to great lengths to make sure my husband and I had the time of our lives. Even after our tours were through, they left us with outstanding recommendations for sights we shouldn't miss and even made our rental car reservation for us to ensure we got the best price. Avispa's was personal, professional, warm, and engaging. The tours were very private and one-of-a-kind. The best money we've ever spent!

Visited August 2012
Edina, Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guides”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and 3 kids - 17-14-14 - just got back from Costa Rica and used Avispas Adventures for all of our activities and it was FANTASTIC!!!! Amy is the contact person and she is an American living there so speaking to someone who know English and the area was great. I told her what we wanted to do and she delivered - this is a private service - no sharing vans or drivng around and wasting time picking up 15 other parties at 15 other hotels - nope - first class - you decide what time you want to leave and return - AC vans with beverages ready for us ! the van also waits for you locked so you can leave all your valuables in the van with no worries - want to stop and take pictures or shop? no problem - it is your tour - you do what you want

*Colorado river rafting - so fun - my disable son even did it - some quiet parts - some big rapids and you stop and swim and jump of cliffs

*Zipline - pick one and she will take you there - we did the Congo Trail - nice beginning level and they have a small zoo and our kids loved the monkeys - even go to hold and play with the baby ones

*Eco tour and waterfall - went to a private farm and viewed 2 sloths, snacks, birds, forgs and all the flora of CR - then Amy recommended a pizza place - they order ahead for us - it was great - then to the waterfall - just beautiful - stay as long or as little as you liked and then home

Avispas is only about $5 more pp than the other tours but it is your private tour - it is worth the investment!!!

Thank you Amy, Carlos and Alzono - you were all great !!!!

Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Knowledgeable, Dependable and FUN!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica-Playa del Coco. The property manager for the condo we rented arranged transport from the airport to the condo. Amy was there waiting for us and provided a delightful intro to the country and quick trip to our condo. She did tell us about some of the tours and we booked an Eco tour for later in the week. It was a fabulous day and excellent value. We went horseback riding, zip lining, extreme water slide, hot springs, hot mud baths, and a 5 star lunch. We were not on a time frame and ended up being the first ones to the ranch in the morning and the last to leave in the afternoon. In fact we stayed so long, three tour guides missed their bus home and Amy asked if we'd mind sharing the van with them. It was a big van with plenty of room so of course we invited them along. We had another fun ride back to Liberia and had the opportunity for interesting conversation with locals. We were able to stop at the grocery store on the way too! She provided a stocked cooler to add to the comfort of the day. If time had permitted we would certainly have booked more tours with Avispas Adventures. Carlos picked us up for our return to the airport on time! Avispas Adventures will most certainly be a part our next trip to Costa Rica- Vida Pura!!

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Avispa's tours made our vacation complete!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We recently were in Costa Rica for 8 days. After researching tour companies we came across Avispa's and Amy. My husband and I usually wonder around by ourselves but we wanted to do the Palo Verde and another tour involving zip lining. After me emailing Amy with what to select she recommended the Eco Adventure, what a great day. Amy put us with another couple for the Palo Verde trip, Bernie and Berta were so nice and we had a fun time with them and then on the Eco tour 2 other couples joined. We all had such a wonderful day it was as if we all knew each other prior My husband was leary of zip lining because of the height, even though we had done a hot air balloon ride last summer. By the 3rd zip line it was so much fun, trust us just do it what a life experience.

The most important thing to say is about our tour guide Chepe, he made our tours unforgettable. His knowledge of of Costa Rica and the native animals was fantastic. I teased him because he has "hawk" eyes. Driving he would spot the howler monkeys, birds etc and pull off for us to see them and take photos. We love you Chepe we want to come back and take more tours with you. Our trip truly was Pura Vida!

Visited March 2013