“Amazing Sea Snorkeling” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deep Blue Diving Adventures

Deep Blue Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deep Blue Diving offers 5* full service diving in the north pacific area of Costa Rica. Daily scuba diving trips to the top dive spots of the Papagayo Gulf as well as Catalina and Murcielagos Islands (Bat).Scuba training for beginners and up to professional level.Every dive is of the boat and includes divemaster, drinks, snacks fruits and equipment service and lots of fun.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
New York NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Sea Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We couldn't go scuba diving because the law in CR requires certification but we did go out with them on a boat with snorkels.

Because of our previous experience with jelly fish in the area we requested wet suits, which was no hassle at all. All for $45pp

The guides knew where to find the best spots. They showed us a little white sanded beach with a mango grove behind it, where we stopped to sit in the sun a little. They took us to an island out in the sea, showed us around and were just super attentive and helpful. And best of all, they tried naming the fishes we saw based only on our description. We came back at least an hour after the scheduled time-these guides take the Pura Vida real literal and hope they get the business they deserve.

Visited May 2013

Hurth, Germany
“Great Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Diving with Deep Blue Diving was just great. We had a nice day in the Golfo de Papagayo in front of Playas del Coco. When I first dove with Deep Blue I had very less experience, but with this helpful and nice crew, this did not matter.
After doing a reservation online with Oliver I stayed at Puerta de Sol in Playas del Coco. I took one of the packages which are offered on the website of Deep Blue.
The Diving was very beautiful, we saw seahorses, sharks and rays. Diving with the local guide Mikel was amazing, because this man has so much experience. All people of the crew are costarican citizens, they really knew the ocean and what they were doing. I felt very safe.
All in all I really enjoyed diving with Deep Blue and wanne go next time to dive with them at Catalinas to see mantas.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great support and awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Oliver is very helpful - highly recommend that you should use these guys if you are anywhere in the area

Dijon, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best dive shop in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My daughter did her open PADI whilst staying at the hotel Puerta del Sol. I can't tell you enough about what a fantastic experience this was for both of us. All our dives vere safe and fun and we really enjoyed ourselves. The whole outfit was great from start to finish. Highly recommended.
But the best of all was Esteban, a brilliant teacher and one of the nicest people I've ever met, we miss our new friends. Pura vida!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Angela W
Daly City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dive shop in Coco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I cannot say enough positive about our friends at Deep Blue Diving. We had the pleasure if diving with them two years in a row, in August 2011 and August 2012, and their commitment to safe, fun, and relaxed diving has ensured they will be "our guys" every time we visit Costa Rica to dive. Oliver, Franziska, Owen, Esteban, and the entire crew of their shop have set the bar for a professional dive operation. They have a fantastic way of making sure divers of all levels, from certification-newbies through advanced, have a fantastic dive experience. As an experienced diver, I was impressed with how they helped my husband get his open water certification this year, and over the course of a week, still kept a close eye on him even after the classes were over. I've now spent almost 15 days diving with this company, and would happily spend another week or five having fun out on/under the water with them!

Visited August 2012