“Off-shore fishing from the Riu Palace”

Guanacaste Ocean Tours
Ranked #45 of 73 Tours in Playas del Coco
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked with Central American Tours. Four -hour tour. Nice large boat. Just three of us. First fish was caught by our woman friend who had never been ocean fishing. It was a beautiful 45 lb. Mahi mahi. The two guys also caught mahi mahi, but much smaller. Boat captain filleted the big one and we took 1/4 back to resort and the chef at the Italian restaurant grilled it to perfection. Served five of us and we offered to many other dinners. Great fun!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Another awesome time in Costa Rica !!! thanks to the folks at tidewateradventure.com. Upon our arrival on Friday, 7/6/2012 we were promptly greeted by Abrancik "JD" and Julio...no hassles, no headaches. Got to my place in Playas del Coco and had a couple of relaxing days. On Sunday Julio took us to Rio Celeste...long drive but Julio managed to make it all pleasant. Later on that week on Friday we did a Horseback riding tour with the guys at tidewateradventure and as always, Julio was very punctual. He drove us to Playa Panama where the horses were waiting for us...it was awesome galloping through the beach, crossing a creek and climbing a mountain on a horse. We had so much fun, I can't wait to go back, and of course, use tidewateradventure for all my tours...I wouldn't have it any other way !!!
Thanks Henry, Julio and JD for all your attentiveness and fantastic service !!!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband and I returned list week from a 6 day trip to Guanacaste and spent 5 of those days with Henry. Henry provided us with airport transfers, a full day tour to Arenal, a full day tour to Monteverde, a half day tour to Palo Verde and arranged a private sunset cruise for our last evening. Prior to arriving in Costa Rica, Henry and I corresponded through email. He was always quick to respond and answered my numerous questions tirelessly. Henry was always on time, and very accomodating, making sure that we had the opportunity to do and see as much as possible during our short stay. Henry is very knowledgable about his country and taught us a lot during the long rides to Arenal and Monteverde. It was wonderful to have a private tour as we were able to have experiences we would not have had with a group tour. On the road to Arenal we came across a group of coatimundis, raccoon like animals. Henry had brought some bananas with him and we were able to pull over and feed them on the roadside. It was one of the highlights of our trip. He even took an alternate route back to the hotel one day so we would have a better chance to spot a toucan (which we did!). In Palo Verde we were able to allow the monkeys on board our boat (one even sat on my hat!) while the larger tour operators did not allow it. By the time we left we felt like we had made a friend! I encourage you to give Henry a try...he does not disappoint!

1  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Henry is An Excellent choice for tours. He is very punctual, clean, courteous and extremely skilled at engaging tour tailored services that are far superior to the hotel recommended tours costly tours. His personnel, historical knowledge is truly a gift to tours as ihe brings the flavor and Costarican experience it disproves to his country. He knows the names of the trees, all the wildlife and knows the country fabric of beauty as well the dangers of wildlife, social interactions. My sons were going through a very difficult time and Henry's presents maturity and respect was trully appreciated. Lise from Edmonton Alberta canada. Thank you Henry for telling us the stories of your country and making this an exceptional and truly memorable trip.

1  Thank fionafire1964
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Just got back from a vacation in Costa Rica and had a blast! Henry Zuniga with Tidewater Adventure made our trip so much fun. He picked us up from the airport and escorted us on several tours. Henry is so knowledgable about his country and all it has to offer. He drives a meticulously clean van with large windows and air conditioning. We went ziplining, horseback riding, river tubing, monkey and crocodile viewing and sightseeing. There was so much more to do and see but we ran out of time. I would definitely recommend Henry to guide you on your Costa Rican holiday.