“Excellent Tours!”
Review of J and C Tours

J and C Tours
Ranked #49 of 73 Tours in Playas del Coco
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I'm so glad I found J&C Tours! Excellent customer services via email during the planning process; Carol was always very prompt and very thorough in all her responses which really put my mind at ease. My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Papagayo for our honeymoon and we did 3 excursions with J&C during our stay. We did the Congo Trail Zip Line tour, the Llanos de Cortez Waterfall tour and the Palo Verde River tour. All of them were awesome and Juan was a great tour guide. He knew all sorts of details about the various plant and animal species we encountered and he really made an effort to make sure we saw everything we possibly could on each tour. I can't recommend J&C highly enough!

P.S. If I had to choose one of the tours as a favorite, I would have to go with the Llanos de Cortez waterfall. It was just so beautiful! This should not be missed!

Reviewed March 26, 2011

I can't say enough good things about J&C Tours and the excellent job they did organizing our tours and transportation while in Costa Rica! I was organizing a trip for 37 people plus a few days on my own with my family, so it was important to know we had a reliable and trustworthy source to pull it all together. I "interviewed" several companies over email, and from the get-go, Carol at J&C was efficient and extremely helpful at answering the multitude of questions I had. Carol is organized, friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your trip a great one.
J&C planned a lovely catamaran sail & snorkel tour for our group, including a meal, snacks and beverages on board, a trip to the Witch's Rock zipline with Juan acting as a fantastic tour guide on a very comfortable coach bus, and finally all of the airport transfers for our group. Everything went off without a hitch, which is a lot to say with so many people and variables. They even took our family to the grocery store on the way in from the airport to pick up water bottles and snacks to have on hand at the hotel. J&C also coordinated some day trips for individuals on our trip and everyone was extremely pleased with their services.
When we return to Costa Rica, without a doubt I'll be contacting Juan and Carol to organize the details for us. They are the best!!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

How does one begin to organize a trip to a foreign country? We lucked out by choosing J and C Tours. We arranged airport transfer and our trip to Arenal through them. We soon found out that we struck "gold."Juan picked us up at the airport and tended to our needs. We could easily tell he was proud of his heritage. He was quick to fill our curious minds with info about his native land. Our trip to Arenal was fantastic!!! This husband and wife team created an itenary to our wishes. Juan and Carol helped us order food, went shopping with us, and brought us fresh pastries for breakfast. Truly, this trip to Arenal set our tone for the week. They took us off the beaten path and gave us an experience to remember.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Juan and Carol are the best! They are friendly,prompt,courteous and know Costa Rica! We would highly recommend them and will contact them for our next trip to Costa Rica. We took other trip advisor's advice and used them and were very happy we did. We heard horror stories from others at our hotel about different tour companies and were very happy that we had found j and c tours prior to our actual vacation. They made everything so easy and fun!
We can't say enough good things about them. Great people!

Reviewed January 16, 2009

We travel extensively, visited Costa Rica over the Christmas/New years holiday. I looked around online prior to going to Costa Rica because I didn't want HAVE to use the hotels tours, I wanted to look around at other options. I found good reviews about J and C Tours and booked some day trips. Thank God! Good call on my part because I talked to people/families I met at our resort. They used the hotels recommendations for tours and it was not so good.
Here is what I learned from being in Costa Rica. J and C tours is a business operated a husband/wife team which are natives and know the area very well. They speak English and Spanish. They give you custom service and the groups are very small and the prices are the same as the other companies. For example, a one day trip we took to the river was with only 2 other people and the Volcano tour we took with J and C was just the two of us. We basically had a private guide at the same cost of a larger tour.
Here's the bottom line, they are extremely attentive to good customer service, friendly, and know good customer service keeps their business a live. This really shows and I rarely take the time to go online to recommend anyone or anything. But I do recommend you use them while in the Guanacaste region.
Email me if you have any questions. trishthetreehugger@ comcast.net
p.s. the tour I took were the zip line, the Volcano day trip and the river cruise.

2  Thank treehugger