Villa Buena Onda
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rancho Armadillo Estate(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Chantel Suites(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Hotel Savannah(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Hotel Coco Beach & Casino(Playas del Coco)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Puerta del Sol(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Hotel Coco Palms(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Hotel La Flor de Itabo(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Marina Loft Apart-Hotel(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
Cabinas Coco Azul(Playas del Coco)
View Hotel
All reviewshidden beacheach mealtreated like royaltyboutique hotelcosta ricacooking classthe entire staffswim up barshuttle serviceperfect honeymoonhappy hourfood allergiesempanadascouples massagelocal beachesmaster suitezip lining
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My new wife and I spent a few days there before moving on to another hotel. Villa Buena Onda was far superior in every way to the other one. The meals were excellent, especially the homemade crab cakes and nachos, and were included in the price of the room. Fantastic view and lots of activities available through the front desk. The view was great and so was the weather. Definitely plan on making a return trip when we get the chance. Go. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Buena Onda for 3 days, and we absolutely loved this place. The property is stunning. The rooms are beautiful. The staff are so wonderful. The food was delicious. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The VBO is a slice of heaven in the jungle! Jennifer and her staff are amazing...from the moment we arrived until we left we were treated with warm hospitality and graciousness. There was never a moment we wanted for anything. The variety of menu choices whetted our appetites...and of course we ate too much! Gabriel is commended not only for his chef skills but also the presentation of the meals. Christen serves up a great cocktail and smoothies. Javier, our waiter, was great...attending to our special requests. Shelly arranged our transportations and kept us updated often. All of our tour guides and drivers were so informative.
We had a ground floor pool view room...the view was beautiful, the hammock was "waiting".
The Villa complex is quiet, serene, and very relaxing. The grounds are beautifully maintained. It was really a pleasure to be able to relax and talk with staff when they had time...they welcomed us as if we were a part of the VBO family.
Thank you, Jennifer and staff, for such an amazing time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I highly recommend this place. I never wanted to leave. Beautiful villa in a spectacular location. The service was the best I have ever received. 3 spectacular meals a day, free transportation to the beaches, free international calls, and a staff that can't be beat. Special thanks to Gabriella Sanmiguel and Jennifer Lotz for making this a spectacular stay. Special thanks to lisa cederberg form costa rica vacations for setting the whole thing up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Charles G
Reviewed October 9, 2013

From the moment we got off the plane, our villa made sure we felt safe and welcomed. Sergio was holding a sign so there was no guess work as to where we should go and how we were getting to our villa.
Before we left the airport, our concierge took a meal request so we could have dinner in our room because the kitchen would be closed when we arrived.

We were met with amazing fresh smoothies, fresh towels and welcoming smiles from Jennifer.
The room took our breath away. It is a green hotel with the luxury of locally made toiletries that are amazing.
When we woke up the view and sound of tropical wildlife started our day! Yoga matts are available without request, and there is plenty of room on balconies,rooms,or in communal spots to practice.
Dayana was our day two concierge that remained ready to help with anything from early in the morning until late at night. Her English is without flaw, and her knowledge of history,tours and general knowledge is exceptional.
Since it is a boutique hotel, it feels like you are all alone in a peaceful paradise....until you need something, then there are plenty of helpful and friendly people to help answer your questions.

The food is outstanding and healthy. They have made it possible to experience 5 star dining in a beautiful, relaxed,privately elegant setting.

I will return without a doubt. I wanted to write my review before I left because. I feel so strongly that I should share my experience

Room Tip: Upstairs corner was a lovely,quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple