“Perfect family vacation”
Review of Villa Buena Onda

Villa Buena Onda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playas del Coco
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We took our family of 19 to the Villa from 8/11 thru 8/18 and had a wonderful time. Our group ranged from age 65 to 2 1/2 and we all felt welcome and well taken care of by the staff. By the end of the week, we considered Dayana, and her group to be part of our family. While at the Villa, we celebrated a 44th Anniversary, two Birthdays (three counting Gabriel) and the announcement of a new Grandchild. Each occasion was handled extremely well by the staff and everyone felt honored. Of special note was the farewell fireworks display on Friday night. We took many excursians and Dayana handled the arrangements like the pro she is. After each trip, we were welcomed back to the Villa by our Costa Rican family. The kids are already asking when we can go back. It was perfect.

Room Tip: The view from the showers on the second floor is wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leo D

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just returned from a week vacation at the Villa and I cannot say enough great things about the ammenities and also the staff! Dayana, Christian, Gabriel were all awesome!! The food was amazing and Christian makes a great pina colada. Dayana was very helpful and so wonderful to us. I would highly recommend the Villa to anyone and would love to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We just got back from the Villa and I miss it already. It's First Class all the way around. The road up to the Villa had me a little concerned, but when we got to the gates...WOW. We were greeted by Christian and Gabriel with Fresh Drinks and Cold Towels. Dayana who had meant us at the Airport took us on a grand tourof the 7 bedroom, 9 bathroom monster. Every room but one had an Ocean view; luckily we didn't need that room. Everything was exceptional. The Staff was warm and available and we wanted for nothing. Dayana is a sweetheart, Christian is a very good bartender and funny, Gabriel is an excellent chef, The twins cleaned our rooms, did our laundry daily, helped prepare meals they were awesome. We never once felt that our safety was threatened (in or out of the Villa), but the day and night watchmen were constantly checking the grounds for any wayward critters. Dayana was able to schedule the excursions at the drop of a hat and we threw in a couple surprise Birthday and Anniversary parties that the staff whipped up lickity split. All in all- I'm going back A.S.A.P. If your planning a weeks vacation I can't think of a better place. No workout room, but walk up the hill a couple of times and that should do ya.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian L
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Villa Buena Onda is the perfect place for any type of vacation!The accommodations were incredible!! Everything about the villa was perfect! The rooms were very spacious with amazing views! We never felt the need to leave the grounds because it had all we needed! The pool, food and drinks were amazing and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison G
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The accommodations were awesome, the staff friendly and attentive. the excursions were terrific. The food was fantastic..... One of the best vacations I've ever had!!! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. None.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jim V
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been on trips that I thought were great, but staying at the Villa Buena Onda exceeded them all. The pictures on the web were beautiful and believe me they are not PhotoShop'd. The villa is outstanding, the views are unbelievable, but the best part is Dayana and her totally excellent staff. Every wish immediately became fact. The 10 of us were greeted on arrival with fruit drinks and a tour of the Villa. Dayana even had suggestions for how we could settle who got which of the 7 outstanding bedrooms - I got the one with the beautiful view fromt the shower. Christian makes the best drinks ever, Gabriel is a truly gifted chef, Rosa and Magdalia made our stay super comfortable. My family is not used to living a life of luxury, but we decided we could get used to it. Thank you Dayana and team - we will be back!! We finally made a decision.

Room Tip: Can't think of a tip... they are all excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alice P
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Let me start by saying this was one of the best vacations I have ever taken. That includes trips to Jamaica, St. Thomas, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other state side locations. Part of it was just being in Costa Rica but a major factor was the Villa Buena Onda staff. Dayana and her staff were amazing. My wife and I spent four nights there as a part of a wedding party. When they said do not lift a finger, they meant it. We were treated like royalty. The villa was beautiful, the food was excellent and the view was amazing. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious, well decorated and all that stuff but for me, the two level infinity pool made it our little Costa Rican oasis. Did I mention the pool had a swim up bar with staff to serve us? Even though there is no need to leave the villa, if you want to venture out, Playas del Coco is only 1.5 miles away. There you can get a little of the local flavor. I can’t wait to make my way back to Costa Rica and Villa Buena Onda.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playas del Coco
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Penin...
#1 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo
Los Altos de Eros
Los Altos de Eros
#1 of 24 in Tamarindo
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel
Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort
Casa Chameleon Hotel at Las Catalinas

Been to Villa Buena Onda? Share your experiences!