“BEST PLACE IN PLAYAS DEL COCO!”
Review of Laura's House

Laura's House
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Went to Costa Rica with a few friends and this was the fist time we have stayed at Laura’s House before and it was absolutely amazing. Great view, awesome room and location.The pool was awesome, security was great, room was clean, comfortable, and very competitively price (being on the close to downtown was a priority ,the check-in process was quick and easy. I will recommend to everyone going to Playas del Coco and look forward to staying there many times in the future. Thank you Laura and staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Pool, clean room, friendly people, close to everything! We stayed 3 nights because we couldnt find a better value for our money! It is a small and beautiful place with a secure perimeter where you could park a car but you don't need a car to get to anything you need!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I spent 3 nights at Laura's house. I was in Playas del Coco to scuba dive and at the end I couldn't do it because I got a cold. Laura, the owner, made my stay there very pleasant and enjoyable. She gave me plenty of advices on things that I could do beside scuba diving. We chatted a lot and I think that she is a great owner. I never felt like a tourist while I was there, it felt more being among friends. It was a very nice feeling. The B&B is nice and clean, the swimming pool perfect for a chill out after the beach or a walk, the breakfast has plenty of good food, the staff is helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed for 8 days while scuba diving with Deep Blue. Very helpful staff with advice and calls to car rental agencies to find the best one. Nice breakfast daily with fresh fruit, bread, butter, jam and cerial or a breakfast menu. Lunch was excellent with a broad range of tasty things to enjoy. Soda, beer avalablle all at moderate prices. Nice large shower, room with fan and AC plus excellent TV. Internet connection was better than at home in CA. Only negative was my room was small for a big man, suggest you ask for a larger room when making a reservation, all rooms were occupied during my stay. They have a beautiful pool, landscaping and a koi pond. Pictured are Melania, Laura and her daughter Tatiana, charming and warm staff always there to help and lend a hand when needed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Conrad K
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Just finished a 6 night stay at Laura's House. Loved the cham of everyone having breakfast together (light fruit plate GREAT coffee!) Laura and Melanie were friendly and treated us like old friends and treasured guests. As with the other reviews, the pillows are a bit different (but not bad) and you do have to like some sort of casualness about little mini crabs scooting around from time to time (it is Costa Rica after all!) The weather was 85 degrees so there was no need for hot water, the shower was a refreshing temperature. Nice addition that you can purchase beer and soda on site and have a full breakfast (eggs, hashbrowns and such for a little extra). I really liked the casual atmosphere and meeting other travelers over breakfast, chatting about everyones different plans and experiences. A great stay-- thanks Laura + Melanie!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tbromfield
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I stayed here three nights for my diving vacation and was very content. I paid with breakfast 40 USD a night, which I think is quite lot for low season. The place is very nice, rooms are fine and the outdoor space with pool and cafe are inviting to avoid the noon sun.
The hotel is situated a five minute walk away from the main road but perfectly to the beach, just two minutes and you're on the beach where all dive operators pick up their clients for the tour.
Laura is very friendly and helpful and the pets add very much to a nice atmosphere.The only thing I missed was a computer for the guests to use, also eventhough it is a b&b guests are not allowed to use the kitchen. I think there was Wifi though.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Laura's House is not so much a b&b but a hotel that serves a modest continental breakfast. Not worth the $40 a night off season rate (cash only). The room was clean and location is great. Pillows are bad, there is no hot h20 (not really needed but price should include), no blankets (just sheets), & no phones. Also felt, like I had to keep asking for stuff. I left at 430 am which was a hastle. I had to go open the gate, come back for my luggage & leave the keys in the room because there is no one to check me out. Won't stay here again, I can find a better deal elsewhere. Internet connection sucks!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Hotel La Puerta del Sol
Hotel La Puerta del Sol
#5 of 11 in Playas del Coco
Hotel and Villas Nacazcol

Been to Laura's House? Share your experiences!