“A Great Golf Course in a Beautiful Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Garra de Leon Golf Course
Timonium, Maryland
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A Great Golf Course in a Beautiful Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I'm not sure if this course is still named the Garra de Leon Golf Course since Starwood obtained the property as it's now part of the Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal. However, no matter what it's currently called, it is a beautiful Robert Trent Jones II designed golf course. Anyone who enjoys golf will enjoy this course...not too hard, not too easy...just right. However, if you play twilight, in other words during the heat of the day when the cart paths are all nice and warm, you may have to ask a few very large iguanas to please move so you can get by on your golf cart. Several iguanas I saw were so big I thought I'd better call them "Sir" when I addressed them to move! And I'm NOT kidding! They always did move and gave me absolutely no trouble. I would think it would be very difficult to not enjoy a course like this in such a lovely setting. Like I said, if you like golf, you'll like this course.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank skipreader

wigan. england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“excellent challenge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

great test of golf, was in excellent condition when I played it. not the cheapest but then again its not somewhere you would be playing everyday. I hired clubs from the pro shop and they were better than my own. the only golf course I have played where the spiders are bigger than the golf ball, quite a lot bigger!!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank tilerman40
pembroke
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent course, saw lots of monkeys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great course but overpriced. Also the refreshment cart was slow to arrive. They should provide free drinking water.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank erik2212
Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

My Dad, husband and son played while we were there. The grounds were gorgeous and the boys had a blast! We took the wildlife tour, and it is a must even if you played the course. We saw amazing creatures on property! Sergio was a fantastic tour guide!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank mexicomommyColorado
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Garra de Leon Golf Coarse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

A fabulous Golf pro shop with great selection of attire and accessories and a magnificent Golf Coarse

Visited August 2012