“From here to Eternity!!! Private beach...and more.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia de los Piratas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Conchal
Bahia de los Piratas
You added Bahia de los Piratas to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Playa Conchal
Butler, Pennsylvania
“From here to Eternity!!! Private beach...and more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I ventured out to the Piratas with our SUP tour guide in the afternoon...It was remote and private...we had the whole beach to ourselves. Absolutely gorgeous...we did not stay at the hotel but we enjoyed the amenities for the day and it was great to be that close to the water. Lots of wild life and the beach is super clean with great waves for surfing, SUP or just swimming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheHungryDetective

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I lived in the hotel for two years and I have seen the place go from regular, to bad, to worse. The beach and the surroundings are magnificent, the road to it not too good though. We, who love the place are praying things will get better, some day.

If you want to stay there, do not mind the current inconvenients, love the solitude and nature, that's the place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MauroNavarro

Travelers are raving about these Playa Conchal hotels

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel, no don't go there. It is not well kept and sketchy. Great for grabbing a beer or drink from the beach. If you are staying in the area, i.e. Conchal, Matapalo, Huacas, Tamarindo it might be worth the drive to check out the beaches in this area. Minas is a lovely little beach on the road to Pirates, HOWEVER the road can be very rough so if you have 4-wheel or good clearance and such just take it slow. The reward is a quiet beautiful beach with wonderful water. The other beach nearby is Viejo or the south side of Conchal. It is very nice and quiet as well. You can walk all the way to Conchal and beyond to Brasalito. Finally, finish the evening at Bahia de los Pirates. The sunsets are the best I have seen so don't forget your camera. The reflections in the tide pools are beautiful and while waiting it is fun to tide pool or swim. CAUTION: Do not leave valuables in the car and always have a friend stay with your stuff. There are not so scrupulous characters lurking and I would not trust them, we have heard from locals to be weary.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank coloradosunshine
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was born and raised in Costa Rica. Every year my family would go to the beach for the holidays. One place we always enjoyed was Pirates Bay. So after many years living in the States, I was anxious to go back to Guanacaste and re-visit the beaches my dad took us to as kids. On our recent trip to Guanacaste, we stayed in a villa at Pirates Bay. This place has been ruined by the foreigners that bought it. The villa we stayed in had a smell that would gag a maggot. Both the villa and the grounds are worn out and in bad shape. The Italian guy/owner managing this place is rude and obnoxious. We weren’t robbed but an Americans car was broken into while we were there –the robbers took their passports, wallets, and cell phones. We went to a local bar, and asked the locals what happened to this place. The beach is filthy dirty, the roads in and out were enough to jar a tooth loose- long story short, after hearing the disturbing stories from my fellow countryman we packed up and left. Fortunately the rest of the beaches I remember as being clean and fun are still that way-in fact some were better than I remembered. I will never go back to Pirates Bay-I prefer to remember the positive family memories from many years ago.There are many clean beaches and hotels in Costa Rica you to enjoy - skip this one.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. We went to the Flamingo Beach Resort. There is also a Westin but that was too m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank maria b
Bogota, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Pitch a tent-better option than staying at this place. It rained and the roof leaked (roofs covered with plastic), the water was cut off (no shower and don’t drink the water-it came out of the faucet and into the toilet when it flowed-brown). We had scorpions and bats in the villa we rented – all for 200 dollars per night. Any beauty of the area was robbed by the rude employees and the raw sewage (and I mean raw) spilling out onto the beach from the restaurant (don’t go in the ocean here). I overheard the maids complaining they hadn’t been paid in two months. My wife and I paid thirty dollars for breakfast which consisted of coffee (begged for a re-fill) turtle eggs illegally taken off the beach (is what I was told) and a piece of something like sausage (didn’t ask). Worst place I have ever stayed in Central America-my kids couldnt wait to leave-dead frogs in the pool. Don’t do it!

Room Tip: this place ids for backpackers not families
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Jack R
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

very beatiful beach in the middle of the nationals parks....looks on google heart.
a boat at service of the guests fishing every days for the restaurant fish food of the day.
at bahia de los piratas live two parrots who speak with you also monkeys iguanas and many other species .....realy realy paradise.
a very friendly enough to feel the warmth and culture of Costa Rica

Room Tip: rooms in the villa of Captain Morgan have the most beautiful view of costa rica
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel/resort has potential written all over it! If someone has money to buy this property and invest some time and money into it could have great rewards. As of now it is ran poorly. When I first got there I found myself wondering around there property not knowing where to check in and couldnt find anyone! Finally I found the owner who said my room wouldnt be ready for an hour! Gave me time to have a couple of drinks though. The road to get there is a 7km 4x4 road. It is very secluded, fantastic hotel if thats what your looking for. Rooms have great view and are a mall home. Mine was and 3 bedroom, 2 bath, could have slept 6 or 7 people easy. Food consisted of what they caught from the sea, but not too many choices.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Brasilito
4.0 of 5 stars 43 reviews
Bahia del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites
Cala Luna Luxury Boutique Hotel & Villas

Been to Bahia de los Piratas? Share your experiences!