The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort
Reserva Conchal Beach Resort, Golf & Spa(Playa Conchal)(Great Value!)
$390
$294
Villas La Paz(Playa Conchal)(Great Value!)
Conchal Hotel(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$71
$67
Hotel Brasilito(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$56
Hotel Nany(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$75
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
$176
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
$106
Hotels.com
Bahia Esmeralda(Playa Potrero)
$68
TripAdvisor
4,594 results
All reviewsroyal beach cluberik garciaroom servicecosta ricapizzazip liningswim up barswiss traveldinner reservationsall inclusivesour honeymoonitalian restaurantmain poolhot springspublic beachpura vidamake reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

we stayed at the westin for just under a week and were incredibly satisfied. we upgraded to Royal Beach Club and benefited from a very quiet adult only pool, with 24 hour on site concierge service. i would point out that the people we met who were not in the RBC were also very happy with their experience.

Room-We had an unbelievable suite with Jacuzzi on the patio and a wonderful view of the trees behind the lobby where monkeys regularly hang out. The bed was extermely large and comfortable. the minibar was stocked

Food- we have a strict kosher diet for religious reasons and the hotel was extremely acommodating to our needs. they could not have been nicer. All the people we spoke with said they thoroughly enjoyed the food

Excusrions/Tours-We used Eric Garcia (red shirt on beach) for 2 tours. The Mega Combo was amazing and allowed us to do ziplining, horseback riding, mud bath, hot spring, water slide etc. We also did the PaloVerde river tour where we really got to get a close experience with monkeys and crocodiles. I compared notes with people who used Swiss and other tours and not only were ours much cheaper, they were definitely better.
We used Swiss tours for ATV and had a great time. well worth it.

Service-UNBELIEVABLE. everyone was unbelievably nice. Specifically Yasiel the manager, David and Eric the Royal Beach Club Concierges, William the Food manager. Jonathan the bartender at the RBC pool.

Golf Course-Beautiful. and Empty. i went after 1pm (much less expensive ) and only saw 2 other people my entire round.

Only thing that could be better is night time shows. cute but nothing special. though lots of people have a good time in tamarindo

My wife and I loved Loved Loved this resort and highly recommend it.

3  Thank almiami
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We spent 5 nights here on our honeymoon. Overall, we loved our experience here but there were a few things that could use some improvement.
First- the dining 'reservation' set up was ridiculous. They only accept dining reservations upon arrival and when I called at 3:30 (immediately after entering our room) I was told there were no reservations and I'd have to eat at the buffet that night, which I told them was unacceptable and was offered a 9 pm reservation at the Latin Restaurant. We then booked the rest of our dinner reservations for our stay. The dinner restaurants varied (and given the scarcity of reservations, there always seemed to be empty tables- not sure what the game is with the reservations). We enjoyed the French, Mediterranean and Italian the best- we felt like we were at an actual restaurant. We felt as though we were in a dining room in the Asian and Latin restaurants and didn't love them.
The buffet was great for breakfast and lunch as we also enjoyed the other lunch restaurant. There is a pizza/italian restaurant for lunch; which was good; however, be prepared to wait a long time for your food. In my opinion, there should be a few more quick options for lunch (who wants to spend over an hour of a day waiting for food?) and snacks. We ordered room service the morning we checked out which was delivered promptly. The bartenders were attentive and quick, particularly given the cocktails they were making (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Getting towels was a bit ridiculous, given the resort. We were constantly asked which room we were in and given 2 towels. People seemed to leave their towels all over though. The towel stand was in a bit of an inconvenient location and a second towel stand would be really great.
The pool is beautiful and very social. There were ample chairs and space.
We booked our excursions with Eric who is on the beach (not through the hotel) and it seemed to be more cost effective that way.
The onsite activities were limited and when I tried to sign up for one (wine tasting) I was told that it was full with 10 people already (when there were about 1000 guests at the hotel) and it had filled up prior to my check-in, which seemed a bit unfair. Also there wasn't a activity director with a presence or music at the pool, which would have been nice. Also the pool closed at 6 pm which I didn't understand- why not have some later/night time swimming.
The entertainment at night was a bit lame.
I loved that there wasn't pressure to upgrade things constantly- we didn't have a huge 'incidental' bill when we checked out. We were treated very respectfully throughout our stay and the front desk manager was very helpful and quickly responded to our requests.
Our room was 4341 and right across the road from the shops, which was a great location. Also the constant vans are very helpful to get around the premises, especially at night.
Overall, we loved our time at the Westin Playa Conchal and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms aren't beachfront since beach is public. Get an upstairs room if possible because the coatis (animals) roam freely and limit the use of the outside area in case you want to eat outside. Make dining reservations ASAP upon arrival.
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We did the Royal Beach Club and got royal treatment. Most of the restaurants are outstanding, the private pool is great, our concierge (butler) was very helpful. Make sure you make reservations for the whole week on your first day to get times you want for dinners. Use Eric Garcia for tours, you can find him out on the beach. He was super reliable and his prices were cheaper than the official resort ones. His wife and a bunch of other ladies give $20 massages on the beach! Overall this is a top notch outfit and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful for anything you need!

Room Tip: Royal Beach Club doesn't allow kids.
2  Thank MikeShortsWeather
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have been here under various other brands such Paradisus, Melia and now Westin. The resort is beautiful but the food quality needs improvement. The menus, ironically, mimic all inclusive resorts, very massed produced feeling. Drink quality is like from rum punch cruise, not adequate quality for a Westin. I didn't notice any pool attendants to serve drinks or food at pool making it inconvenient. All this apart, the stay was adequate as the kids liked it, except for a few rotten apples. 1. On Saturday, August 16, 2014, around 10am, I was outside the spa when golf cart, color green, 6 seater, number 6, carrying another guest, was passing the curb and I hailed it down. I was carrying my infant son and asked the woman driver if she could drive us to the pool. Her response was negative and said she wasn't going there. I walked and to my surprise I find her passing by the pool. Great customer service, and great sensitivity as I was carrying an 11 month old crying infant. 2. My companion had a spa treatment in the late afternoon, August 15, 2014. She told me that when she arrived she was treated rudely. Had to wait 30 minutes for a locker, towels. etc. The jacuzzi at the spa was full of rowdy people drinking alcohol where in theory she went there to get a relaxing time. The treatment was regular bordering bad. There was no one to complain when she was leaving as there was no one at the reception. Next day a spa attendant was promoting their services and she told them about experience and said someone would contact her. On check out day, no response yet. 3. Photoshop, boutique, etc., do not accept room charge, defeats purpose of not carrying cash or cards at an all inclusive.

Room Tip: Get something near pool and restaurants or it is a long walk...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank lazytravel
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for my husbands business conference. The resort has wonderful amenities and service is outstanding. My adult children stayed at the connecting villas and paid $80 daily for all inclusive food and drinks. Great value. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013