The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort
Hotel Brasilito(Brasilito)
Mariner Inn(Playa Flamingo)
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)
  • Pool
Flamingo Marina Resort(Playa Flamingo)
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)
4,557 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubroom serviceerik garciazip liningswim up barcosta ricaswiss travelpizzadinner reservationsour honeymoonitalian restaurantmain poolhot springspura vidaall inclusivesmake reservationshorseback riding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Amazing! My husband and I went to the Westin for the second half of our honeymoon. The first half was amazing so we had really high standards once we arrived at the playa conchal. The service wa very good. We upgraded to the Royal Beach Club which for couples was well worth it. David and John were our building conceirges and were the most FANTASTIC people. We really enjoyed both of them, they were very helpful with anything and everything we needed. The only thing I was bummed about the trip was they didnt know it was our honeymoon, which isnt fully their fault since we booked through an agent, but after being spoiled at our first hotel I was sad. THEN David suprised us with a bottle of champagne and strawberries which I thought was very sweet. So I cheered up after that. I developed a rash during the trip and John could sense I was nervous and told me there was a doctor at the resort and he would get me an appointement. Not 20 minutes later he had me my ride and in the doctors office. Then he hand delivered my medication! They always gave good tips on the resturants and the food was pretty delicious for an all inclusive. WE LOVE SPIRULA! BEST PIZZA EVER!! the royal beach pool area was great to have. It was never crowded, very private, and the swim up bar is fantastic. Jason the bartender was great and really knew how to make the drinks without skimping on the alcohol. ;) We went on a few tours booked through the Royal Beach Adventures Concierge. They were awesome. They helped us book exactly what we wanted and it was all worth the price! We went on a private horseback ride which was awesome, zip lining which was a blast, and fishing. During our fishing trip we caught a Macrel and they fileted the fish on the boat and then delivered it to a chef at the resort who cooked it for us. it was very very good. My husband loved that part. On the last say of our stay we booked a photo shoot with Danielle through photo Ventura. The pictures turned out amazing!!!! Totally worth every penny and she was alot of fun! All in all when you chose to go all inclusive you can miss out on some aspects of the intimitate non inclusive, but if you are going all inclusive this is the hotel to go to!

Room Tip: If you are just traveling as a couple go Royal beach club!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinConchal, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear kathryn R,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your honeymoon.
We're glad to know that you and your husband enjoyed a beautiful time and the personal service of the Royal Beach Club, we want that all our guests feel they're special and very important to us, we're happy to know that your concierges achieved this with you, your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our team members! As well, we appreciate all your kind comments about the facilities, the culinary offer and the resort, and we're happy to know that you enjoyed a few costarrican typical activities, as the canopy tour.
Hope to welcome you back again soon for another memorable visit!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Iwas so worried about staying here. We stayed at a Westin in Cancun for our honeymoon and had a miserable time. Also, I travel frequently and use TripAdvisor to help me search for good hotels. I think that you can really tell if people are just lying to get a free room, or if they genuinely had a horrible time. I read all 25 negative reviews (which is only .02% of all reviews, which was impressive in itself). I was nervous because many people one year ago (and again 2 weeks before I was supposed to leave) had horrible issues with norovirus. I didnt wanna have a bad trip, so I was so worried about staying here. I also am a backpacker at heart, so to stay in a place that was this expensive was against the backpacker code.

However, I had one family member who allowed me to use their family discount and had a cousin who would also be staying there while we were there, so itmade sense to try it out. The fact thatso many people gavejt a 5 star review really swayed me.

The grounds are beautiful, the food (especially at the Italian restaurant) is fantastic, the pool is gorgeous (although incredibly warm) and I exaggerate not wheni say EVERY SINGLE WORKER was incredibly focused on my happiness. They continually asked me how my trip was and if there was anything they could do. I truly valued this!

The beach is beautiful but littered with vendors and void of shade. Overall, so ecstatic istayed here!!!!

Additional note: bring a huge insulated cup and they will make your dri ks in that instead of their baby plastic cups :)

1  Thank Jessica K

Dear jkauffmann85,
We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed such a wonderful experience with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize it. We're so glad to know that our team has been able to WOW you. Our aim is to always exceed our guest's expectations and I’m so glad to hear we have achieved this with you. Thank you so much for all your kind comments.
Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great experience. The room was perfect, the food was delicious. The pool is huge and there are many activities to do. We were a big group and we all enjoyed with our children. There are several restaurants where you can eat.

Room Tip: If you have problems to walk request a room close to the restaurants.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Johanna28cr,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
We're happy to know that you and your family enjoyed an amazing time with us! We appreciate your kind comments about the facilities and food, and we're glad to know that you took advantage of our activities program!
We will be waiting for your next visit.
Warm regards from playa Conchal,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nicest people in this country, majority spoke English. The Westin is a very clean and beautiful property. We were in one of the Royal Beach Club Towers and the concierge knew our names and spoke to us on a daily basis. Made our dinner reservations every night and was extremely attentive to our needs. We ate in every restaurant and had room service. Wide variety of food and every meal was excellent. Tours through Swiss Travel were very organized. We plan on going back to Costa Rica at some point to different areas. Great resort and great country, nicest people, amazing vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear TLC425,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your beautiful Westin experience.
We're glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us and specially the personal service of our Royal Beach Club. Thank you so much for your kind comments about your Royal Concierge, the facilities and the culinary offer.
When your travels bring you back to our beautiful province, we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Costa Rica for our anniversary (happy wife, happy life he says) and booked us a Royal Beach room. Everything about the hotel was amazing and the weather was perfect! We tried practically every restaurant and most definitely room service -- Costa Rica coffee delivered to your room each morning is awesome. Our concierge Jonathan was over the top...champagne & chocolate dipped strawberries, rose petals all over our bed, making all of our dinner reservations, and much more. The locals sell their goods on the beach, but are very friendly. Don't hesitate to get a beach massage (see Patricia and Norma) -- $20 and these ladies were awesome. We cancelled our couple's massage at the Westin Spa and saw these ladies more than once! Hearing the ocean and feeling its breeze while enjoying a massage...sign me up! The beach at the Westin is absolutely beautiful. Take the short walk along the beach to the next town and then continue on--it's worth it! Also, see Leo of Net Tours. He is a young man who is honest and genuine. Whatever excursion you want to do in Costa Rica, Leo can arrange it for you, plus private transportation to town or to/from the airport. We definitely enjoyed the Westin, but wanted to experience Costa Rica outside of the resort and Leo took extremely good care of us in that respect. Costa Rica is truly amazing and I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Bev B

Dear Bev B,
Thank you so much for choosing us for your anniversary trip.
We're so happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed such a romantic time in our resort, and specially the personal service and facilities of our exclusive Royal Beach Club.
Thanks for your kind words about Jonathan, we're glad to know that he was an important part to make of your anniversary an unforgettable experience.
We can't wait to have you back! Hope to see you soon again!
Warm regards and pura vida!