Early March, 2014
My family and I visited for a week, and I must say, this was far and away our best resort experience to date. I had to think really hard to find any flaws in the service or facilities. I should qualify this review by mentioning that I had banked enough Starwood points to finance most of this stay with points and was still a Starwood Platinum member while enjoying this experience. But I really think that the majority of my good experience had less to do with my status and more with plain old excellent hospitality.
The check-in process was smooth. Our "junior family suite" was a bit on the small side but was ultimately plenty comfortable for us to manage. The room was top-notch clean and kept that way throughout our stay, despite trying our hardest to dirty it up :o)
The pool was fantastic - our kids loved it - great service in the family area, plenty to do both inside and outside the pool, and a friendly, well-managed towel process.
The beach is public, but very close to the property. Once you get over the road it feels like a private beach. The resort staff will bring over chairs and umbrellas, and you can bring over resort towels as well. You can also borrow non-motorized gear from the resort as well (boogie boards, snorkeling gear, etc). Nice beach as well, though the Pacific was a bit rough when we were there - particularly for our little kids.
We had to temper our "Costa Rica Adventures" to stuff that fit the tolerances of our small kids. We commissioned a boat to do some snorkeling and fishing, and did an ATV ride with Erik Garcia's crew. Both went over very well. A walk into Brasilito is worthwhile as well.
Resort restaurants were great. We were able to get early dinner reservations each night. We had a couple small service "blips" while dining but generally the food and service were very good. The buffet was always a perfectly acceptable fall-back for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Special thanks to Kendrey at the pool, Rodrigo for looking after us the whole time, and Andrea and Tanya for helping out prior to our arrival. You guys were all great and should be proud of the jobs you do. Wonderful!
The family experience in particular was very good. This resort did everything possible to enhance the experience for all four of us - not just my wife and I and not just our kids. Fantastic experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, BookIt.com, West Indies, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal