Westin hotels are synonymous with quality and luxury. However, the Playa Conchal property is HUGE and ALL INCLUSIVE - attributes which are hardly compatible with luxury because the management simply have to fill the property. We arrived and were welcomed with the news that all 5 dining options were completely full after 6,30 p.m.!, We were then shown a de luxe suite which was totally obscured by palm trees (as are many of the suites at this property) We then paid $500 for 5 nights in the Royal Beach Club Tower 2 which has been constructed along similar lines to a secure prison with brick walls at every turn and a central core with a fountain and yet more palm trees.
Our room was of a moderate size but the bathroom had only one washbasin and little privacy when on the toilet - being behind a frosted glass door, The plug on the sink did not function correctly so shaving was not easy or comfortable and the mini bar contained a minimum of drinks.On the plus side the concierges, Jonathan and Eleliel were excellent and the shuttle service worked well. The RBS lounge was dingy and the staff there unmotivated, The RBS pool was great in that it was child-free but a number of overweight, noisy, all-day drinkers served to prove that money doesn't necessarily mean taste or good behaviour.
I believe that Westin took over this hotel from Paradisus about 3 years ago. They desperately need to improve standards in the RBS. I suggest that they knock down the 2 Towers and build really luxurious, modern suites and charge accordingly. Other points to note are :-
Restaurant Food - Uniformly good with the French restaurant our favourite.
Service - Outstanding. Ticos are lovely, helpful people. Great in hotel and golf shop.
Golf Course - Excellent resort course but fairways shaggy and greens disappointing perhaps due to overseeding.
Spa - did not use but Gigi and her team on the beach do a terrific $20 massage
Advice - stay at 4 Seasons at Papayago and see what real luxury is and play the golf course there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal