Just returned from The Westin Costa Rica and I have only one word to describe this hotel. EXCELLENT. When you arrive make sure and book a la carte restaurants the whole time you are there. We arrived on a Friday and went to the buffet and I can honestly say the food is really sub par. I don't drink so the food is really important to me. We went to the buffet on Saturday and the same result. When we went back Sunday it was closed and we ended up in one of the a l carte restaurants. The food was AMAZING! We ate at all the a la cartes for the rest of the week. I have been all through the Dominican, Cuba, Saint Lucia, Mexico and have never had food like I had that week. You are in for a real treat with the food(except buffet). if you want any excursion see Eric on the beach. We tried zip lining, scuba, and deep sea fishing. Zip lining combo $100,Scuba $135(no certification) and deep sea fishing $140 for 3 hours(find Black Sparrow on the beach). Book all excursions with the guys on the beach and you will save money. Staff are amazing and do not pressure you for tips but I tipped them well as they deserved every penny.We booked our scuba dive with PACIFIC DIVING and because we were there during the low season we were the only 2 that went on the dive. We went for a short training session and then I asked them if we were going to Catalina Island for the dive as I heard this is where the best diving was. They told me yes we were going there. We boarded the boat and they took us out 5 minutes and stopped at an island just off shore. i asked them if this was Catalina Island and they said yes. Until we went deep sea fishing the next day we found out that the island we went to was NOT Catalina Island. Catalina Island is the 2 islands directly in front of the hotel. I was upset about this afterward as it was one of my things to do on my bucket list and I felt as if we were cheated by this company. One last thing you MUST be warned of. When you go home and you are in Liberia Airport there are 2 restaurants in there. One is a Quizzinos sub shop and the other is the sit down restaurant. My son and I went to sit down restaurant and had lunch before we boarded the plane. We had 2 salads, 2 sandwiches, 2 diet Pepsi and one cappuccino. THE BILL CAME TO $98.45 US!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died! The prices are in their currency and by the time you know what is going on you are screwed. i went and complained and he said everyone complains. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Other than that one episode in the Airport I would highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, BookIt.com, West Indies, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal