This was my first time in Costa Rica and a week definitely wasn’t long enough!! My boyfriend and I (both in our 20’s) recently stayed at the Westin and we both had an awesome vacation. The check-in was super quick, probably because there weren’t many people who arrived at the same time as us. The staff at the front desk greeted us with mojitos (YUM!!) and were very kind and very quick. We wanted to walk to our room, but the staff insisted that we took the trolley, so we did. We could’ve walked though because it wasn’t that far at all.
We stayed in room 4238 which was on the second floor and it was fabulous. The rooms are spacious and very pretty. The mini fridge had only a couple beers when we got there so we called room service and had beer delivered very quickly. The room was very clean and came with two beds, so we had them moved together to make one super huge bed. Very comfy.
The resort itself was beautiful. So many trees and plants and flowers everywhere. There isn’t much wildlife on the resort other than the coati’s which travel around the resort in packs. They mind their own business, but if you have food they will come a little closer than you might be comfortable with. They’re very interesting and the babies were beyond adorable. You’ll also see quite a few iguana’s on the resort, some as big as a few feet long. They mind their own business and usually run away as soon as anyone gets close to them. The other animal that we saw were squirrels. There aren’t very many, but they’re prettier than the squirrels we have back home. I was surprised there were no howler monkeys on the actual resort, but as soon as we got on the beach and walked to the right, they were in the trees and even howled a little for us.
The beach was beautiful. You could see mountains on both sides and you can even Nicaragua in the distance on a clear day. Everything was so nice and green, no wonder they call this time of year the green season. The ocean was a little wavy and got deep fairly quickly, but it was wonderful. Ah yes, as soon as you cross from the resort to the beach, you will meet the infamous Eric (or someone from his crew). If you want to book an excursion, these guys are the guys to book trips with. We went to Eric's wife Gigi for massages, but if you go to any of them I'm sure you'll enjoy. My boyfriend and I did the $45 ziplining and it was money well spent. 12 ziplines in the forest with beautiful scenery, you won’t be disappointed. If you want to take a sea-doo out, go to the self-proclaimed “only black guy on the beach” Frederick. He will get you on the fastest sea-doo in the area. Bring him a drink and you will have some interesting conversation about the island and island life. If you see a black dog running around, please don’t be scared!! This is the best dog ever! She’s apparently homeless and I would take her home with me in a second if I could! Fill an empty water bottle with a little bit of sand and throw it for her, she will become your best friend.
The food at this resort is top of the line amazing. Breakfast room-service is (in my opinion) better than the buffet. Try the French toast, its delicious. Our favorite restaurant was Italian, then next would probably be the Asian. The others are good too, but those are our top two picks. Drinks on the resort are yummy. We drank beer, mojito’s, bloody mary’s and dirty monkey’s all week.
The only bad thing I have to say about this trip was that one week just wasn’t enough. I would’ve loved to walk into town and maybe even go on another excursion, but there just wasn’t enough time.
Leaving the country you need to pay $25 american and please don’t make the same mistake we did… don’t eat at the PLAYERS CLUB restaurant at the airport, unless you’re okay with spending almost $100 on a sandwich, burger, app and two coffee’s. We thought the prices were in dollars, but we were wrong. So don’t make the same mistake!
Hope this review helped! I’d most definitely return to this hotel!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Starwood, West Indies, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal