This was a fantastic resort! We stayed 3/1/13-3/8/13.The grounds were beautiful. The staff was so friendly. The 1st room they placed us in smelled like old smoke ( and the rooms are all non-smoking). I called the front desk and the manager found us a new room and had us moved with-in 15 minutes. Rooms are clean and spacious. There is abundant wild life on the grounds ( monkey, racoons, coati's, iguana's and many many types of birds). the food was FANTASTIC!! we ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. There was a fantastic selection for both meals. We dined at the restraunts for dinner. Our absolute favorites were Cauri ( french) and Las Candelas (Latin), but every restauraunt was good, I especially recommend the fish, it is so fresh. The pool area was beautiful and always seemed to have enough chairs, but we are beach people. the Beach is a public beach, so there are locals ( they may try sell you things but are VERY polite if you decline). The beach is not busy or crowded and the Westin Staff has beach chairs available. The beach is huge and you can walk a long way down it. There is usally a very nice breeze on the beach. The water is cooler than the caribean and is not clear, but absolutely swimable and a nice way to cool down ( was 95-98 the week we were there) It is Dry season from Dec-May, and there had been no rain for 3 months, so the surrounding area is not lush and green like you see in pictures, it is still a pretty landscape with rocks and hills, but the vegetation is pretty brown. ( The resort waters so its landscape is green).
One recommendation. You need to make your restaurant reservations the day you get there and they fill up fast. I e-mailed them several days prior to our arrival and got the 1st few nights set up ahead of time. If you dont do that you may end up at the buffet ( we never ate there for dinner, but it was excellent for breakfast and lunch)
Eric Garcia on the beach was fantastic to book a trip through. We booked our day trip to Arenal through him. This is a long trip, but the rainforest is beautiful and the chance to see a volcano was well worth it. Unfortunately it was rainy the day we were there and did not get to see the volcano. we did zip line and walk on the hanging brides. This was a wonderful experience and we had a private tour with Enrique ( Kiki). he was so friendly and provided a safe and fun day with all kinds of information and was able to spot animals we never would have seen. We saw a sloth, monkeys, tucans and coati's
Downside- was minimal, but they do not have many bars and the pool bar closes at dark. they seem to have a lot of conventions and 3 nights one of the bar areas was closed for a private part. The only othe negative is 3 of the 7 days we had many many small and very annoying flys that you could not actually get away from them. One night they were so bad that I had to move inside from the porch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal