Some confusion during check-in. We were upgraded to the Towers (adults only), which was a bonus. The room however had 2 queen size beds instead of a single king which was what we wanted. When I told them I would go back to the original reservation with the king-size bed it had already been re-assigned. I was somewhat irritated and told them that was pretty unprofessional. After about an hour of waiting in the Towers clubhouse (having cocktails) another room in the Towers was found with a King-size bed and we moved in. I was made to feel like it was somewhat of a burden for them to do this and I should be very grateful. The front desk offered apologies for the delay and promised a bottle of wine would be delivered to the room. That never happened. I didn't care but don't promise something and not deliver. The room had a garden view which was less than spectacular. It looked like it had recently been defoliated. While this was somewhat disappointing for the room price it did provide for some unexpected wildlife viewing (see pix). We didn't spend much time in the room anyway.
The room was clean and nice. We had to ask for an iron and board because it was missing. We had to ask for hand towels and facecloths because they were not replaced after use. The room itself was not serviced for the last 2 days we were there. The minibar was not re-stocked on a regular basis.
The Towers had its own pool with swim up bar, and restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Best of all there were no screaming children (bonus). Special thanks to David at the pool for providing excellent service and Spanish lessons. Gracias Amigo, Pura Vida.
The Towers restaurant had an outstanding breakfast buffet, lunch, and dinner items.
We had dinner at every restaurant and all of the meals were outstanding as was the service.
We tried the dinner buffet outside of the adults only area and that was pretty lousy. Food was cold and not appetizing).
The Towers Concierge's were outstanding and quickly fixed most of the issues.
The grounds of the resort were immaculate, well kept, and quite beautiful. Lots of iguanas, families of white-nose conties, birds, and a solitary monkey were encountered in our walks (see pix).
The beach (which is outside of the resort) was spectacular. It was a little crowded right outside the gate of the resort but if you turned left and walked for 15 min you had the entire beach to yourself. The beach itself was exceptionally clean (as was all of Costa Rica that we travelled through); the water was pristine and warm. You could not have asked for a nicer beach experience. Bring towels to lie on. Excellent sea shells for collectors.
We did a zip-line half day tour which was great, and a shopping trip to Tamarindo. Souvenir prices were about the same as the resort.
Didn't use the spa services.
We are not overly fussy. Overall it was a good experience with just a few minor irritations. The service staff were very friendly and tried very hard to accommodate our requests. Still a little pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal