This is a hard place for me to review, it is a great property, my only real complaint is entirely not their fault.
The good: The place is beautiful!!! Very spread out and much nicer than a giant high rise hotel. Service is phenomenal, just needs to be taken in the context that it is in Costa Rica and not LA or Miami. The people who work there are great, we found no exception, my advice is to be nice to them! They are rightfully proud of their Country and glad to have you there as guests. Larn a bit of Spanish before you go and its easier, the staff is very fluent in English but it is easier sometimes in Spanish.
The pool is incredible! Its huge, gorgeous, has plenty of lounges and has a bar! Really dont need much more. There are lots of different areas with vary levels of activity and sun.
The food: Restaurants were great! Excellent service, they will bring you all you want to eat or drink. We had a great time in all, but Mediterra was our favorite. Perfect meal, great staff and we hung out and several after dinner drinks, a great evening.
The beach: Nice but not the reason to stay here. Great for an early morning walk but otherwise we were at the pool.
The gym: Way better than we expected, not huge but enough to work off a few of the many drinks!
The bar: The only complaint is the extremely weak drinks, they will put you in a sugar coma after a few. Tip, order a drink of what you want and a double on the rocks of what ever liquor is in your drink. they are happy to oblige!
Obviously we loved it here and will return many times!! For a suspension of reality and escape from the cold its perfect. Add in Starwood points/benefits and its even better. The only downside is its not a "pure" Costa Rica experience. Its just a bit too nice and well done and big! We love CR and have been several times and thoroughly enjoy the smaller family owned hotels and interaction with life there as a whole. That is a very different experience. If you just want a great resort stay at the Westin! For a real CR experience, spend a few nights here and then a few at Samarra or Manuel Antonio for the real deal!
A few tips:
If you are planning on getting around, just rent a SUV its easy to drive there, an adventure though!
Dont eat lunch at the Liberia airport, they have the most expensive bad food in the whole country!!!
Buy your departure tax stamp BEFORE you get to the airport, most banks sell them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal