We stayed at the Westin Playa Conchal from February 7th-the 14th 2013. We had been looking forward to our sunshine getaway and the Westin and Costa Rica did not disappoint. From arrival to departure everything and everyone was outstanding.
The Westin’s buffet and restaurants are delicious, Spirula pizzas and ravioli is fabulous for lunch. The resort grounds and golf course are well maintained, the pool is huge and never crowded. The open concept rooms are beautiful and large, with a raised sleeping area and a furnished terrace overlooking the landscape. Monkeys, coatis, birds and iguanas roam freely throughout the resort and golf course.
To experience the true Pura Vida we followed recommendations and headed straight to the beach upon arrival to finally meet Erik Garcia, John Rodriguez and the rest of the famous blue shirt crew. From our first welcome handshake to our farewell hugs these boys made our stay in Costa Rica a memorable one.
Day 2- The Palo Verde tour with Rigo Suave. A drive thru villages, farms, sugar cane and cantaloupe fields to arrive at the river for a boat tour to be with monkeys, crocodiles in a perfect wildlife setting.
Day 4- A guided ATV tour thru villages, beach towns and farms to Congo Canopy zipline tours, 11 ziplines and drop bridges thru the forest with Howler Monkeys relaxing in the trees. On the ATV tour back to Playa Conchal we stopped for lunch at a local beach restaurant for cerveza, nachos and fish tacos.
Day 6- Out on the El Dorado for a day boating on the Pacific. Fishing, spear fishing, lobster fishing and, an unexpected whale watching experience with Captain Hugo and Havi.
Muchas Gracias to John, Erik and the boys for our Amazing Costa Rican Adventures.
Many thanks, to the Westin and to their always smiling staff for our wonderful accommodations, delicious meals all around great experience.
This was a wonderful, relaxing and exciting holiday and we are already planning our return to beautiful Costa Rica.
Michael and Danielle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal