Stayed at the Westin Feb. 4 to the 11th. Beautiful place, good food, ok beach. We did not book the Royal Beach Club and kind of regret it but the standard room was very nice. We emailed the hotel before leaving to book our restaurants and that worked out great. The Buffet is just ok, not a huge selection but food was decent.
Booked the river cruise tour through Eric Garcia and it was fun and no problem, i would recommend Eric. Our friends were were traveling with also booked massages with Eric's wife down the beach and they were satisified with them.
Night life was very quiet but that's ok by us. Beach was quiet also, don't expect to be playing beach volleyball or get served drinks on the beach as it is a public beach. The beach vendors were persistant but not annoying. not many people on the beach and don't expect nice umbrella's already waiting for you but the hotel staff will setup chairs and umbrella's for you if there are any umbrellas left(get there before 10am). The hotel will loan you boogy boards for the surf but it's really only good if you walk down to beach to the right. you can also get sea kayaks from the hotel but i really wish there was some catamarans for sailing. Snorkling is not really worth it.
Walked down the beach to the small town of Brasilito, souvenir shops were overly expensive and we got better deals at the hotel. Picked up some beer and Smirnoff Ice at the local grocery store to walk around with and it was cheap and cold. Restaurants looked good and we stopped at the Langosta Loca for Lunch. Food was good there but be very careful to check your bill. The table next to us complained about being overcharged and when our bill came we were also overcharged. The owner was extremely pleasant until we complained and then he turned almost nasty.
Overall great vacation for the price we paid, we got a bit of a deal compared to what looks like regular rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal