From Front Desk arrival to Departure it was a great stay. Property is well maintained with
excellent staffing. After an Ok but at times dissappointing 1st week at the "Accidental Papagayo" it was a treat to enjoy the Westin Jr Suite rooms , Restaurants, Enormous Swimming Pool and Pleasant service. A bit more money but worth the extra! Our travel agent Uniglobe had booked the wrong arrival date for one couple of Three, and the 3rd couple of our group did not have a room.(The bride and groom). Tim at the Front Desk calmly managed to correct it and get us all close together.
~Shuttles holding 6-8 circulate constantly. We never waited more than 2 mins until another
was coming along to take you where you needed to go.
~Rooms were 8 plexes 2 up and 2 down in the Front and back. Very Clean,quiet, spacious, and modern, with raised open bedroom and outdoor terrace veranda. Very comfortable beds
with a selection of pillows. Anything you need is a phone touch away.
Had some shirts stained with sunscreen. Called for Laundry service. They were there in
5 mins to pick up, and the cleaned pressed warm clothes were in the room the next morning.
~Buffets were good with nice selections and variety. Well presented .
6 Restaurants for reservations had good food and service but I would note that the decor
was not very authentic for French Styled restaurant. Also it would be nice to have French house wine in the French and Italian house wine in the Italian.
~Pool was fantastic with plenty of Sun chairs and shade chairs, Pool and swim up bar
were great for excellent drinks.Good variety.Slush, blender concoctions, cold beer .
Eugenio does some nice airbrush portrait art by the towel shack. Nice momento. Staff around
pool kept it clean and would interact well with kids and guests.
-(after about day 3 a convention group of about 300 arrived. Staff set up facilities, reception dinners etc and didn't skip a beat accommodating everyone.)
~Room Service was efficient. I think it was maybe 20 mins.
(Breakfast bacon seems to be a strange composite of meat /fat pieces compressed cured and sliced to resemble Side bacon.) Also nice to be able to order a Filet with mushrooms, wine
dessert... and dine in if you like. . 40 mins. at prime time dinner time.
~Beach was nice with sandy coral. Agressive waves breaking on the beach can toss you
up the beach or take you back in with a scoop full of sand in your shorts. Clean and good for walking.
Tamarindo beach is not far down the coast and good for surfing.
~Golf 120 for twilight with Taylormade rental clubs, cart . VERY Hot .I like the heat
but it drains you . 4 waters , 2 beer and a gatorade just evaporated over 9 holes. Needed more for the back nine . Greens were nice and fast. Good inland layout but was hoping it would have been more ocean side.
~Evening entertainment was a little average for a couple nights and not well attended when
we were there.
Overall great relaxing week and would definitely stay here again without any qualms.
Staff always were accommodating and lots of staff were always busy cleaning grounds,and even garbage receptacle covers were removed for cleaning. Good attention to details
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal