We just returned from six days at the Westin. I have no complaints about the facility. It is clean, rooms are spacious, and the food was very good. I echo other people's comments about noise from the rooms above when they are being cleaned - no afternoon naps for me! We ate at the main (buffet) restaurant only for breakfast, and made reservations for each of the specialty restaurants each night. I recommend that you do that ASAP, unless you want to eat at 9:00. The resort is quite spread out, but walkable, and the shuttles run constantly. Everyone (except the people taking restaurant reservations over the phone) was incredibly pleasant and accommodating. There are vendors on the beach but I did not find them to be overly aggressive.
My one caveat is this: The resort is on the Pacific side, in the "dry tropical forest". I was aware of this prior to booking. if you are looking for an authentic Costa Rican rain forest experience, you can have it, but be prepared for a very long excursion. We did book on excursion through Swiss Travel, a half-day tour to Palo Verde National Park. Our guide was excellent, went beyond the call of duty to make sure we didn't miss anything, but even the half-day tour involved at least three hours of driving and got us back to the resort about 2:30. To actually get to the rain forest is perhaps three to four hours in each direction. But if you don't do the excursions, I think you could get bored (as we did) and not really have any feeling of being in Costa Rica. If you are happy eating, drinking, and laying about the pool, you will be quite content.
On another note, if you are a tennis player: Yes, they have three courts. They are not in good shape, and there is no pro shop. You can get equipment at the activities desk (free) and use the courts during the day at no extra charge, but there was not much appeal. Would be great if they could offer a few clinics, even for a fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal