My husband and I recently got married. We decided to go to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. We book 7 nights at the Westin, and it was the best 7 nights of our lives! The resort had so much to do and it was breathtakingly beautiful. The resort grounds were lush and green with so many exotic species of animals. I read on trip Advisor to try and stay closer to the pool, which is closer to the restaurants. I called and requested to be close to the pool and we were right next it. If you aren't close to the pool, it's okay, they have a great taxi service in the hotel that will pick you up and take you to any of the resort locations. The entire staff was OUTSTANDING! Every one we met was so help and will to please. We booked some fantastic tours through the tour company that the resort recommends and I see why they recommend them! Swiss Travel was a great company with a fun and knowledgeable staff! Below is an itinerary of our trip (with notes):
• Flew into Libera, CR (about 1 hour and a half away from the resort)
-Originally booked a rental car and brought GPS, but when we went to pick up, the insurance was ridiculous! We got a taxi. Red Cab was friendly and helped us get to our destination safe and sound even stopping to show us the monkeys in the trees on the side of the road. (price $106) - the resort offers a company that will pick you up at the airport for $90 (need reservations)
• When we go to the resort, the staff was friendly and provided all the benefits of the resort. They have lots of fun things included in the all inclusive - snorkeling, boogie boards, kayaks, games and much more! We got to the room and it was lovely, had some ants, but they came immediately to remove. First night ate at the buffet, which was good and fresh.
• Day two we woke up an had room service (included in the all inclusive) - got up enjoyed unlimited drinks by the pool with some friends we met on the plane. Met the fun guys that work for Swiss Travel and set up three tours. Then relaxed at the Spa indulging in a swedish and reflexology massage. The Spa is beautiful. After drinking, hot sun and massages, we were beat! Went and relaxed in the room until our dinner reservations for the Asian restaurant. The only thing that was not perfect, was the air conditioning was not cold enough. It was very hot outside, and the room stayed pretty semi cool and it would take a while to cool down-and there was no cold water for showers, just lukewarm and hot.
Day three- Our first tour we booked through Swiss Travel-ATVs and Zip lining. We had a blast. The roads in Costa Rica are made for ATVs, mainly the dirt roads. They gave us goggles and mask for our face for the dust. It was great. LOVED THE ATVs - heard horror stories from others about them, but we were carful. GREAT TOUR! When we were done, we were covered from head to toe and everywhere in between with dirt! Definitely wear activewear and sunblock (bring sunblock and mosquito repellent it costs $30 for sunblock in the resort store). We had dinner at the Spanish restaurant and needed to get to sleep for our big excursion we had planned for the next day.
Day four- Arenal Volcano & Rainforest Walk (it's a long day, but it's is a great tour). We were at lobby by 7:20 am and didn't get back until almost midnight. The 3.5 hours to get there wasn't so bad because the tour guide was full of information about the country and was interactive and outgoing. When we got to the start of the tour, we had lunch in this cute restaurant (which all seem to be outside, with no air conditioner, but it wasn't so bad with shade and a breeze.) next to a boat ride on the lake, where we saw an Eagle Osprey and the most spectacular view of the Volcano! Once the boat made shore we went on the rainforest walk. It was beautiful. Many plants and animals. Our Swiss Travel guide was great! After the forest we went to the hot springs where relaxed and had some tropical drinks. After the springs, dinner at a beautiful hotel restaurant with an exclusive view of the volcano. Once we were full and satisfied, we traveled back to the resort. The bus driver was quite talented driving the large bus down the small and winding roads.
Day five - We were supposed to go on the White Water adventure tour, but after the Arenal tour, we needed a day of rest. Swiss Travel was fine with us changing the day of our white water rafting so we could enjoy a day at the resort. We saw friends we met on the tours and had drinks and a wonderful dinner at the resort.
Day six - White Water rafting tour! Yay! It was fun. Team work and adventure. We went down the beautiful water and stage 3 to 4 rapids, with a 12ft drop at the end! What a great time. After the tour they provided lunch and then back to the resort. We had dinner at the French restaurant at the resort.
Day seven (last full day) - we got up early to explore the resort and all the animals. We got lots of pictures. We took the shuttle into Tamarindo Beach ($10 pp) and did a little shopping. We saved the best restaurant at the resort for last, the Italian restaurant. It was wonderful.
The entire trip was so wonderful, fun and adventurous. I would highly recommend the resort, tours and the Country to anyone. The locals are nice. The land is beautiful. Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal