My wife and I recently spent a week at this resort, booked through Air Canada Vacations.
The resort is on large, well-maintained grounds. Our junior suite was comfortable, and the housekeeping staff pleasant, as were the room service staff. The shuttle service around the property was very efficient.
General pool area was nice, with a swim-up bar; however, we were surprised that at a resort of this type, there was no waiter service around the pool - guests had to go the the bar to get a drink. Most drinks were included in the all-inclusive package, but drinks described as "premium" were at outrageous prices - US$14 for shot of a premium Nicaraguan rum!
The beach is outside the hotel grounds and is a public beach - was wonderful for early morning walks; in one direction you ended up at a rocky headland, in the other you passed through a small pass onto another beach. However, once away from the immediate hotel access area, the beach was somewhat mucky - not really dirty, but not clean, as beach users had left garbage lying around.
Food at the buffet restaurant was OK - fairly generic, high volume fare with a passing nod to local cuisine. The food at the à la carte restaurants (french, italian, thai, mediteranean), however, was excellent, as was the service. However, reservations had to be made for these restaurants.
Now my frustration - restaurant reservations could only be made by phone between 8am and 4pm daily. Getting through to the reservation desk was not easy - I invariably had to try 3-4 times. Admittedly, once through you could make reservations for multiple nights. However, on our arrival day, we arrived at the hotel after 4pm, and our excursion next morning left at 7am and returned around 5pm. Called the restaurant reservations and was redirected to the front desk; to be told that the reservations system only worked from 8-4, so we were SOL; and anyway, all the restaurants were fully booked for that night. We decided to try to go to one of the restaurants to see if there was space, and were turned away from two, being told that they were fully booked despite there being a large number of empty tables (over 50%). The third restaurant we tried was almost empty and we were told they might be able to find us a space; food was good and staff very pleasant. However, when we left an hour and a half later, that restaurant was till almost empty, and tables which had been empty in one of the "fully-booked" restaurants were still empty. Really raised questions in my mind about the booking system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal