We stayed at this property Jan 1-8 for our honeymoon! We loved everything about our stay here! (Yes, we had some snags throughout the stay, but nothing major enough to mention here!)
The weather was perfect when we arrived...especially being we were coming from cold temps back home. The staff was always helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. There were some times when language barriers got in the way (we are from the us and don't speak much Spanish) but we always manage to make it work. We also fell in love with the grounds...from the plush landscaping to all the animals running around (I loved all the animals!!) it felt like we were in paradise!!
The shuttle from the airport was great...it was from Swiss travel and we were the only ones in it. The driver gave us a mini tour of costs rica as he drove us to the resort. Also, we loved the shuttles to get around the resort! We never had to wait long to get one an it was so convenient!
We spent a good bit of our time relaxing at the swim up bar in the pool. The bartenders were great and the mood was perfect for honeymooners. It was busy, but no one really bothered you, Lots of laughs with the bartenders, and really tasty tropical drinks!! It was truly pura vida!
We also loved the pizza and pasta place...I think we ate there everyday for lunch or at some point throughout the day! I'm still craving the ave pizza! We loved how most of restaurants were open to the elements...you could always enjoy the day while eating! We made reservations for the nicer restaurants, but only made it to the Italian restaurant and bamboo. We loved both! We did the buffet often as well. Loved the pasta station! Also, the nightly entertainment was enjoyable...especially the circus night when they juggled fire!
When booking excursions, we booked through Eric on the beach! We ha read reviews on TA about him, and he definitely lived up to his good reviews! He was very well prepared with information on the different excursions, knew exactly what we would like and made the planning very easy for us! We did an adventure tour with zip lining, white water rafting, rappelling and rock climbing and relaxing in volcano springs...the whole trip was amazing!! Even the lunch provided was awesome...some of the best food we had while in costa rica and it felt like we were eating in a big tree house...it was amazing!! We also did massages on the beach at sunset...something to remember! And also, went surfing! That was excellent! Our instructor, Bradley, was an awesome teacher and we were actually catching almost every wave! At the end, he stopped and got us fresh coconuts from some locals...that was living the life!
The Westin also made our honeymoon special, in that one night when we returned from dinner, our bed was covered in flowers, a towel animal and all this greenery...it was gorgeous! There were rose petals leading to the bathroom with a bubble bath run full of flowers and rose petals, sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries! It was a special touch!
Overall, we had an excellent stay that made for a memorable honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal