We went to the week of December 15-21, 2012. 2 weeks prior to our trip I had noticed that my room had been down graded. I called and was insured that we would have our King. When we arrived we were told that we still had the 2 queen room. They had us waiting for several hours telling us that they were working on a King. When in fact they weren't the only room for us was the queen. We even tried to up grade up to a suite and still nothing. We have stayed at several other Westin properties and never had this kind of problem. In fact they have gone over and beyond so this was quite a surprise. We did look at other resorts around the area and will be staying somewhere else. The property its self is beautiful.
The best meals were at the buffet. Warning do not eat at the steakhouse...Meat is tough and at $40.00pp it was not worth it. We tried to get reservations for the Mediterranean Restaurant and was unable to obtain a reservation we even went to the restaurant and was told that there was no tables available when in fact the restaurant was at 1/3 of the capacity and it was like everynight that we were there.
Their are a few employes that are exceptional but the over all staff does only the minimal including the maids.
I have never written a review that wasn't praising but, I had been in the Hospitality Industry for over 35 years. In fact for most of those years I was on an opening team for Hotels/ Resorts. I think this property has a lot of work before they can claim that they are truly a 4 star.
If you do stay make sure when you arrive that you make your reservation at arrival, check your room everyday for wash clothes, towels, TP, etc. (they seem to forget to give clean or restock).
If you are planning excursions diffently book with Swiss Travel Service we had the best time from our bus drive to our tour guide. They are awsome...But the one thing I would advise is that if you do go on excursions brake them up...The trip to the volcano is awsome but a full day (11 1/2 hrs) you do get lunch and dinner pre dinner coctails at the hot springs (fantastic) this trip is so worth every minute.
Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica it is a beautiful country and so are the people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal