We stayed for a week in a Royal Beach Room. It's about a 45 minute drive from the airport and we used the EcoTrans shared shuttle service to get to the hotel ($25 per person). The check-in process is very efficient and I loved how seamlessly we were transferred from our arrival transportation to a Westin shuttle (these things are awesome) to the Royal Beach lounge for check-in.
Welcome drinks were offered and within 5 minutes we had our gold bracelets, key cards and we're being shown to our room by the dedicated tower 1 concierge. John was fantastic over our weekly stay in making sure we were looked after, reminding us to make dinner reservations at the 5 resort restaurants and dispensing great advice.
The room was of a good standard. Clean with plenty of towels. Not particularly spacious but it did have the Westin showerhead and a large tub. The mattress was not the Wonderful bed we were used to at other Westins.
The Royal Beach part of the resort is amazing. The adults-only atmosphere keeping things serene, the lagoon-style pool and the excellent pool bar stocked with premium drinks and cheerful bar staff. The italian restaurant is located nearby which serves Royal Beach users their breakfast and lunch (although you can go elsewhere).
For an all-inclusive I was surprise how good all the food was. Some dishes were better than others but each restaurant had something excellent during our stay. I heartily recommend the steak(or steak tartar) from Cauri, the Costa Rican Chiffrito at the Latin place and the Tuna tartare starter for lunch at the Italian. You can also get your Royal Beach premium drinks at the other bars by request (and showing your gold band). I'm a particular fan of Tanqueray so this pleased me!
The entire resort was spectacular. Access to the beach, and the main pool were good. Sometimes service could be a little hit and miss in the restaurants but we were away from Manhattan so appeciated the slower pace for a week!
If you want to take an excursion. You can either use Swiss Travel which are located at the hotel, but thanks to recommendations from Tripadvisor we chose to use Eric and his team at the beach. Eric created the perfect day out for my wife and I and another couple we met. A fantastic day out for $100 each.
My only complaint about this resort is the nightly restaurant reservations system. On two seperate occasions we had made a reservation but were not listed in the maitre'Ds book when we arrived at the restaurant causing frustration and embarassment for all involved. The staff were accomodating after I insisted they seat us, but there must be a better way to make this system work.
We're hoping to head back again next Christmas and try and pull ourselves away from this spectacular resort to go on a few more excursions. It's tougher than we thought!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal