We are a family of 5, so we had two rooms - one with 2 double beds for my teenagers and one with a king for my wife and I along with the pull out couch for my daughter. All was so comfortable and nice. The rooms were very nicely appointed, and we felt more than comfortable in the rooms. It would have been nice to have a door to the shower/bathroom area in the King room, but we managed just fine.
The resort was gorgeous. Beautiful rooms, well maintained facilities. We enjoyed the spa, pool, and beach very much. The beach is not huge, but more than sufficient. The pool was really fun for the whole family. My teens really enjoyed the activity center, and the guys that worked there were great at getting involved in the fun.
The food was great. From the room service to the restaurants, we were quite happy! Gained plenty of weight for sure. We preferred the latin restaurant best, but all were good.
When we first encountered the beach and the vendors waiting to pounce for excursions, massages, jet skis etc., I was concerned that this was going to be intrusive. Ultimately, it was low key, and we booked two excursions from Erik that were really great, and less expensive than the ones booked through the hotel.
If you go, my one suggestion is to bring cash for excursions and to have smaller bills (1s and 5s) for tipping. While inclusive, there were times when I would have liked to have left a few dollars for a tip, but couldn't get change in small dollar increments.
We were there 5 days...could have stayed an extra day or two and been thrilled.
Last, the staff was fantastic. Super friendly, and service was GREAT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal