After days and days of research my husband and I decided to book a regular room at the Westin. When we arrived to the resort we figured out that it wasn't good enough for us. The front door had a large gap above and the door seemed like it's not locking properly. Also, we were hoping for a separate shower, which some of the regular rooms have, but they were not able to find one that day. We did not like tub/shower combo. The room felt too dark. After 4 hours of talking to the assistant manager and checking different rooms in the royal section, we decided to upgrade to Royal Suite on the third floor. We paid additional $100/per night. Best spent money ever! Free wi-fi which worked great every time. Huge room with the jacuzzi on the patio. Our room was facing main road but we never heard any noise and the view was awesome. We used room service at least 6-7 times. The food was delicious and it took about 25-30 minutes to get it delivered to the room. Our concierges, John and David were awesome!
Our housekeeper Hilda did a great job every single day. The room was spotless and, if we needed something extra, we would leave a note and she would have it ready for us. At the end of our stay, she came to thank us for the tips and little gifts we left for her. I was so touched.
They made all restaurant reservations for us and we had no problem getting those, even for the same day. My favorite restaurant was French, Cauri. My husband really liked Meditera. We also tried Italian and the food was great. The service in all these restaurants was outstanding. Our hostesses remembered our last name after couple nights, amazing! Mitra buffet was good but we enjoyed it better for breakfasts and lunches then dinners.
We met many locals and really enjoyed talking to them. Don't be afraid to book your tour on the beach. We booked Buena Vista tour with Eric and it was awesome. Also, look for Dee on the beach. He works with different tour company. We booked a river cruise with him as well as a tour to see giant turtles nesting (must see, out of this world experience!). We also went for a golf course tour, do not miss it. You will see all kinds of birds and trees and some great views.
Go to the beach, look for Diane, she gives the best massages we've ever had (and we get massages all the time, here in US). I went to the spa for one hour massage. It cannot compare to Diane's massages. And she charges $20/hour.
At the Westin, we felt like we are the part of a big family. Costa Rican people are so nice!
If you care about details and like to be pampered, go for the Royal. It's worth it. The weather was great, no rain at all for the entire stay (11/10 - 11/21).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal