This review is a bit late--but better late than never!
My husband and I vacationed to the Westin for our honeymoon in February 2012, staying 6 nights/7 days. It was my husband's first trip out of the county and without a doubt, the Westin far surpassed his expectations for what a vacation can be. We stayed in the adult-only "Royal Beach" section of the resort and I highly recommend it for any couple looking for a relaxing get-away without the noise that inevitably comes with children. (Although there is a large portion of the resort that is family-friendly). As "Royal Beach" guests, my husband and I were able to enjoy the 18+ pool and a breakfast buffet in the Italian restaurant, poolside, each morning. This was much more serene than the alternate buffet. I recommend the waffle with sweetened condensed milk and scrumptious Costa Rican coffee--a splurge, but well worth it!
The meals were fantastic and we enjoyed a different restaurant each night. But be warned that each restaurant, except for the buffet, takes reservations and unless you call early in the morning, you may miss out on your choice of menu for the evening. Concierge was more than happy to assist in making reservations for us on those days where we left early for excursions away from the resort. Truthfully, the entire staff was more than accommodating during our stay and were genuinely warm, eager to please, and made every attempt to greet us by our names--no small feat given the turnover I'm certain the resort experiences.
While the resort is lovely, I encourage visitors to take a few excursions to experience all that Costa Rica has to offer. Pablo was by far the best to work with with regards to coordinating our trips. He even helped prepare our paperwork for international travel and made sure that everything was in order for a smooth and seamless transfer back home. You can find him on the bottom floor of the main lobby.
As an all-inclusive resort, this is the one to go to while staying in Costa Rica. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal