This was the second Westin I've stayed at. The first hotel experience wasn't so great but I was willing to give them another chance and I'm so glad I did!
The hotel itself is beautiful. The grounds are well kept and the pool area was great and had several activities such as pool volleyball, basketball, water aerobics, etc. We booked a "regular" room and couldn't believe the size of it. The bathroom was nice and everything felt super clean! The bed was very comfy with soft linens. The only issue I had was a hot water problem which they solved.
The Staff: I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone was!! You could tell that every single person that worked there really enjoyed their job and loved where they worked. They were willing to bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. And they always smiled!! I've stayed at a lot of "high end" hotels and never received this kind of service before.
The Food: I was a bit nervous about the food as I had never stayed at an all-inclusive and I'm a bit of a foodie. It was shockingly tasty! The only place I wasn't crazy about (and it was still decent) was the first night we arrived we didn't have reservations, which you need, and had to do the dinner buffet. The breakfast buffet was much better. The other restaurants were awesome with a wide variety of selections.
The hotel (and everything for that fact) is a drive to get to. An hour from the airport. We rented a car which we really enjoyed as we drove up and down the coast exploring other towns. There's not a lot to do at night at the hotel as far night life.
We booked an excursion through the hotel and it was a lot of fun. We floated down the river in a raft looking at the nature which we saw monkeys, crocs, birds and iguana. The only disappointment was there weren't enough people to another tour we wanted to do.
Overall, it was an awesome vacation. We stayed 9 days and never felt bored once! We would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal