i went all inclusive, opted for the non-adult accommodations though. I've noticed that nobody has made mention of the armbands. The goldish ones are all inclusive, and include services of a butler, and the adults only zone - the pool bar is open quite a bit later, and it tends to be much quieter than the other pool. it's also an average of an extra $200/night in slow season. I was informed by the staff that when there's a lot of europeans staying, there is a large possibility of adults only becoming topless.
Personally, i was very happy with the junior suite and my green armband. i got kicked out of the adults only section regularly while visiting people that i met on the resort. i found that even traveling solo, it was quite easy to meet other guests, and the staff was extremely friendly, most can speak at least basic english, fluent in spanish, and about half are fluent in Portuguese as well. While i was at the coffee shop (a serious addiction of mine) the general manager of the hotel came up and introduced himself and his daughter to me (she's 3 and very cute), he also gave me his card so that i could make any requests to his private email, for my next trip.
The resort is situated next to a wildlife refuge. As such, there are a ton of animals that you can see on the property. They just wander around, great for pictures. The coati-mundi (a raccoon with a long nose and a long tail) are extremly good at distracting you so that they can steal your drink...drunk raccoons are funny, anyway, so, it's all good.
The hotel is a bit secluded, but there is a village nearby, and Tamarindo is a short cab ride away. I'm coming back to Costa Rica in about 6 weeks, and I will be staying here for sure again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal