All reviews wet deck plunge pool lower pool spectacular ocean view reserva conchal chef roy treehouse suite blue zone seating options hobbit house feel extra special living room bar top floor beach club platinum elite costa rica hotel is situated
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019

Everything about our stay was excellent from the moment we arrived. Every staff member we encountered was kind and helpful, eager to do anything they could to make our stay better. The property is gorgeous, the rooms are great, and the vibes are relaxing. We will definitely be back! Look for Maria at the bar, and Katherine at the Cocina de Mercado, they were both dolls!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I went there with my family for 2 days. I had booked several months in advance the ‘Spectacular Ocean Escape Room’ for $700/night. I had a request to add a small bed for my son (at the time of the booking I had called Marriott and they had told me this was fine) and a request for a high floor. When I got to the room I realized that both requests were completely ignored!!! No small bed and the room was on the second floor. When I brought this up with the front desk, a manager told me that my requests could have been met if I switched to a different room type and paid an extra $300! As a matter of principle I refused to pay more. Eventually we managed to get this issue addressed thanks to the housekeeping staff that was able to setup a small impromptu bed for my son. In addition I was disappointed by the room. The ‘Spectacular Ocean Escape’ was supposed to have the best ocean views in the property but in fact it had a very partial view of the sea (see picture I have posted) and a great view of a gutter... The hotel manager reassured me several times that this was the correct room type for my reservation but it was clearly not what we expected. Fortunately the wonderful staff was able to make up for the management attitude. The beach club Zona Azul was great and we were very happy with Pablo and Reina who were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good with great service by Rosaura. We also enjoyed the nice beach that was almost deserted. Overall, every employee was very friendly and helpful and the service was good so it was a real shame that management spoiled our experience due to the issues with the room and the misleading info about the ‘Spectacular Ocean Escape’.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Simply do not agree with the below review. Checked in Friday evening, and ALL were pleasant, prompt and cordial, especially Anna and Paola. Reserved and staying in a Sunset treehouse room and the view is beautiful and quite tranquil overlooking an estuary, the beach, and ocean. The flat screen tv and cable channels are functioning with plenty of programs, Netflix, HBO, news, et al just fine. The WIFI is responsive at the restaurants, pools, our room/patio and we had coverage on the beach below the lower pool as well. Have had absolutely no issues with connectivity with our cell phones and laptops. The upper and lower restaurants/bars on property have so far opened early and stayed open late on both Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday brunch (outside the stated hours) for us and other guests for food and beverages. Hugo @ the lower bar, very hospitable and Rosaura @ Concina de Mercado is a gem! We enjoy being in her section on the outside patio because she is so pleasant. Have not had to wait for any golf cart trips to and from the lobby and beach vise versa...during the ride, drivers have been fantastic with pointing out monkeys along the way, the Howlers and babies, and discussing the wildlife, flora and fauna on property, and area. We are so happy to be here!...having stayed at Four Seasons Peninsula Papagayo and Arenas Del Mar in Manuel Antonio previously, we have no regrets choosing W Reserva Conchal to enjoy time as our Costa Rica destination & happily will post more photos.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank C98040
Reviewed April 7, 2019

My family and I spent a week at the W Costa Rica - the property, the level of service really surpassed our expectations. The team goes out of their way to accommodate anything you might need.
We love W properties and stayed at most of them around the globe, W Costa Rica is gorgeous with everything you'd ever need and more. We had one of the suites on the top floor with a phenomenal view (we saw a monkey family playing in the trees from our balcony), extremely comfortable bed and perfect bathroom and bath amenities.
The food and drinks are delicious and the team will prepare a custom drink or meal if not on the menu.
Thank you W Costa Rica for a fabulous vacation! We will definitely back.

Room tip: Higher floors have phenomenal views
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank nikkik712
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

The service is AWFUL. If you want to wait 20+ min waiting on a golf cart to come & take you to the pool or dinner then by all means stay here... there’s only 3 restaurants & 1 is always closed for no reason. The service is so poor you’d rather order room service which takes just as long (at least 1 hour). The spa service is sub par at best, worst facial...massage & pedicure of our lives. Offering juice to your guests doesn’t mean you’re upscale. Asked for a flat iron for my hair & they brought me a broken one that never worked, when I went to the desk they took it back & said “ oh sorry!” But then didn’t offer to give me a different one. WiFi worked the 1st day & then was out along with the cable. Stay at another resort if you want a great vacation

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple