All reviews dirt road would recommend this place to anyone enjoyed our stay rental car costa rica cabin pool playa airport
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I would ignore the review from the folks in Florida. This place is great and the owner and staff are very nice and helpful. Great way to end the Vacation. Being only 7 mins out of Liberia it feels safe and is very comfortable. Don't let the drive in scare you off it is really a great place. Food is great and the Cabanas are comfortable and private feeling. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a nice peaceful start or end to there vacation or stay for a bit as there is so much to do and see in the area. Great place and people!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed in this place. The cabins themselves were clean and decent but the location was really out in nowhere behind a huge construction storage lot on a dirt road. We arrived and they were loading sawdust onto a truck right by registration. Dust was everywhere.we ate dinner and we felt the prices were high and I was particularly not pleased to be charged for a second glass of tea. The staff spoke very little English and were not particularly friendly. Wish I could give them a better review because I don’t like giving non-positive reviews but we didn’t even stay a second night and forfeited money we had paid them to go somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowgirl49
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

I went to Costa Rica as a solo trip and absolutely enjoyed my stay! Not a traditional experience but one to be remembered! I needed something different.

Location: Great! Close to the airport and hot springs about 20 minutes away and about a 45 minutes drive to the beach Playa Panama. A rental car is much needed!

Room: clean, great services and spacious.

Cons: no travel size goody... make sure you don’t forget lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, mouth wash, soap, razor or etc. this hotel does not provide. Hot wash takes a while to get hot and needs a full size mirror is needed in the room to see how you look before stepping out.

Staff: really friendly, helpful and awesome.

Overall experience: Great! I felt safe. Very important for solo travelers and good experience.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Renita C
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We stayed with John for a Friday/Sat night weekend trip. He was very quick to respond to our emails full of questions and said that he would come pick us up from the airport for much less then the local companies($20).Since we were only staying for the weekend we wanted to make the most of the trip and John went above and beyond to help us out! We went zip lining at the park up the road from the hotel, and ended up spending the whole next day hiking and exploring. The cabins that John had were just what we were looking for! The Dinners that we had were good. The breakfast that is included in with the room was a perfect way to start our day. The Cabin was clean, and a perfect location. It was about 20 min to the airport, or 20 min to the park/volcano. We would for sure stay here again! We could not have asked for a better host than John, he really made our trip so much easier.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank airlineemployee3
Reviewed August 13, 2017

When booking international hotels, I look for small hotels that employ local people and treat them (and me) well. I contacted several hotels in Liberia and eliminated those who didn't respond to my email questions. John, from La Teca, immediately answered my questions, and the accomodations seemed just what we needed for our 3 generation visit. Upon arriving, the cabin was clean and spacious. John had already done some footwork for me, checking on car rentals, driving us to the rental agencies, and driving us the first couple days save money. Our family of 6 spent 3 nights at La Teca, and were very greatful to John for all the help he gave. He cheerfully drove us to town, and Rincon de la Vieja, thereby saving us several hundred dollars in car rental. Our cabin was basic, but comfortable, scrupulously cleaned daily. We enjoyed our interactions with our waitresses who spoke little English (we are in their country) and had some mutual laughs over our Spanish attempts. The breakfasts were filling, but would have enjoyed a little more variety. That being said, everyone who works at La Teca were eager to please and always helpful and kind. The swimming pool with waterfall was greatly enjoyed by us all, particularly our 13 and 14 year old granddaughters.
La Teca was a great place to stay a couple nights, close to the beach - we drove to Playa Hermosa and Playa del Cocoa in about 30 minutes, and the wonderful Rincon de la Vieja. If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but for the rest of us, this hotel does very well. Thank you John for all the great advice and time you spent answering our questions! Keep up the good work!

Date of stay: August 2017