“Very hard to beat this one”
Review of The Green House

The Green House
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Liberia
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bogota, Colombia
“Very hard to beat this one”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the moment we walked in we were warmly greeted by the staff, The ambience is light, modern and the restaurant is very clean. I always like to look in the kitchen and it was sparkling. The food was very delicious, some of the best we have had in Costa Rica, the Pancitos with a variety of spreads, the salad with chicken, and even our grand daughter's fish and chips was very tasty. We will go back again!!

• Visited October 2013

Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“Yes, in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been to this restaurant twice and have had a good meal and fine dining experience. This place is a nice blend of Tico and perhaps, "state side" food. My husband and I are both vegetarian and I was happy that many vegetarian options are available. The "vegie burger" is great, but better yet is the portabello mushroom sandwich. Nice extras! A gratis is a small, sampler of, for example, bruschetta, and perhaps some hummus. My husband and I live in Costa Rica and I look forward to our trips into Liberia, when I can stop en-route and have lunch or dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Denver, CO
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Expected more from this restaurant which has an excellent reputation from its location in Liberia. The new location at Playa Dante is beautiful, but the food is just ok.

Visited September 2013
Incline Village, Nevada
“Even wet they serve you”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have a small home in the Tronadora area of Costa Rica. It is our escape and we usually hang close to home. It was in the middle of the rainy season and we saw blue skies so decided to take a drive and check out the scenery. Will our morning drive took us a 90km away and we saw some spectacular scenery. Though that is not what this review is about. While out and about the blue skies turned gray and the rain was torrid. To make matters worse I forgot our rain bag, yes rain bag. It is full of rain gear from umbrellas, rubber boots, change of cloths, almost anything you can think. We liked to be prepared. Well i left it in our carport so there we were out in the Primary Forrest just with what we had on. It rained so hard we literally could not see five feet in front of ourselves. We just waddle our way back to our car drenched.
Soaked but nothing to change into we started our journey back home. As we approached Liberia we realized we had not eating since breakfast. Still nearly 60km away we decided to stop and get something to eat. We decided to try Casa Verde for we heard from neighbors how good the food was. It was about 4:00pm and the rain was pounding away. It is located of the main highway just off the main street but is hard to find. I finally found it and realized how early it was. Well I am not shy so I walked up to see if it was open or if thre was anyone there. Doors were locked and did not see anyone so just figured I tried. As I approached my vehicle I heard a voice calling and a person waved me backed. My Spanish is...well.. poor, but she said they were closed but she saw how wet I was and gave me and my wife towels to dry off. I thanked her and said next time we were back we would stop in. She smiled and said to come in and warm up. It may take a bit but they would serve us and keep us out of the rain for awhile.
I must saw that was generous and we were famished and a bit chilled so accepted the offer. We both started with a cup of fresh coffee and then to a vegetable soup which I believe was a combination of leeks and asparagus. Delicious and I learned they grow their own vegetables and spices so they serve what is packed that afternoon. I had a Chix and pasta dish and my wife had traditional dish. The flavors were well blended, the food remarkable fresh and the presentation excellent. Now with the sin and s early we were the only ones there but it was outstanding, just a our neighbors described. Had desser, I had a fruit pie while my wife had cream cheese style cake. WOW.
The bottom line it was an experience. We have returned a wre treated just as well when they were busy. If you are ever in the area it will not disappoint you

• Visited October 2012
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
“A great place to eat, any time!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love to eat breakfast here, but recently ate dinner. We ordered bocas and drinks, and each item was tasty and well presented. And the bill didn't shock us, either!

• Visited August 2013