“AMAZING!!!!”
Review of Hotel Javy

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liberia
Hotel Javy
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Liberia
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel and staff were amazing from the second we walked in to the second we left. The staff and owner are so nice!! I don't speak a word of Spanish and they could not have been more accommodating. The owner's son Javier was so nice and helped with our transportation which can be a huge headache if you don't speak the native language. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.
The freshly cut fruit and juice is to die for! I would recommend this place to everyone! I would have stayed for the whole two weeks!

My fiance and I were so happy here!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Javy

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My fiance and I booked at Hotel Javy about as close to "last minute" as possible before we left for Costa Rica, and every step of our experience with them was completely enjoyable.

We stepped off the plane, and Hotel Javy had a cab waiting for us. I had a brief moment of "where are we going" as our cab turned down a dusty dirt road at the east edge of the city, but once we arrived, my doubts were put to rest.

We arrived near midnight, and were greeted with a giant smile, fresh cut fruit, fresh squeezed juice and shown our room. Clean, air conditioned, hot water and the beds were comfortable. Woke up to more smiles, and the best Gallo Pinto we had during our entire trip. The ladies were so warm and pleasant, so friendly.

We left after two nights to continue our trip, and a week later I was surprised to check my email and discover that I had left my charger in the room, and that they would hold it for me to pick up on our way back through Liberia. I took the opportunity to book another night for our return.

The return experience was even warmer than the first. We arrived exhausted and beat from 2 weeks of backpacking, and we got our key and headed straight for the room. About ten minutes later there was a gentle knock on the door, and I opened it to find yet another beaming smile, sliced fruit, and a huge jug of fresh squeezed pineapple juice.

They arranged a cab for us for 3:30 the next morning, greeted us with breakfast despite the early hour, and gave us a farewell that made me wish we could stay another month.

I will return, and I whole heartedly suggest Hotel Javy to anyone travelling through Liberia. The value is excellent, the rooms are good, the Hotel is secure, and the service and staff are exceptional.

Thank you so much, I look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: I stayed in different rooms on each of my visits, and I would say that they were both equal. The two...
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband had arrived before I did, she fed him. I arrived about 9:30 pm, frazzled from a 12 hour travel day, she sat me down and made an amazing meal. Next morning, amazing breakfast. My husband and I traveled around and spent our last night at Hotel Javy as well. Again, the same 5 star service. She woke up at 3:30 this morning to make us coffee, wanted to make us breakfast, but I don't like to eat a full meal when I know I'm flying for 12 hours. I'm home now, and I miss her and her genuine caring ways. Clean room, safe, a gem in the middle of Liberia. Great location if you're flying in late and just need a place to sleep. We were able to drive to one volcano AND the beach in one day from here. Thank you for showing us what Pura Vida is.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful family run hotel in Liberia. Better service than any 5 star hotel. 20 minutes from the airport, perfect location for excursions around Guanacaste. The room was spotless and Dona Isabel treats you like family. We arrived at 10:30 pm and were greeted with plates of fresh mango, pinapple, papaya and fresh pineapple juice. She gladly opened coconuts for us to enjoy. The breakfasts were included and are enormous. as are the dinners. Delicious! When returning from day trips were were greeted again with fresh fruits and a pitcher of mango juice. The hotel will arrange taxi to and from the airport. We left at 4:30 am and were offered breakfast, but asked instead for sandwiches which Dona Isabelle made for us. A fantastic place! Will come again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had our baggage, computer, and passport stolen as we arrived into Liberia. Upon our arrival at Hotel Javy, Isabel immediately stepped into action when she found out about our misfortune. She sent one of her staff with us to make a report and took a genuine heartfelt interest in accomodating us. She fed us, let us use her phone and computer and stayed up with us late into the night making sure we were able to make new flight arrangements and so forth.
She then had us connect with her son via skype (he was in London) and he helped us work out details for the Embassy and the long trip to San Jose where the Embassy is located. Her entire family and staff are genuine, caring and generous. She even offered us to stay for free if we were unable to pay because of our stolen belongings. Fortunately We did have enough to pay for our stay so at not inconvenience her any further. We cannot say enough good things about how she runs her business. She made an unfortunate situation a lot more comfortable. I highly recommend Javy to anyone who is staying in the Liberia area and wants to be treated like family. She has a heart of gold and a beautiful soul.
Jeff and Vicki

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Hotel Javy staff are amazing. Hands down they offer 5 star quality service.

Their fresh fruit and home cooked meals make this such a genuine and excellent choice for any traveler...

To the point: I only stayed for one night in a room with 5 other people (total 6). They easily accommodated us and offered a superb low price for the night.

Pros: Friendly/helpful/hardworking staff, cleanliness, fresh fruit (omg i dream of those mangoes, bananas, pineapples and papayas) from in house fruit trees, price!, proximity to airport (20 minutes away), food!! (delicious and super inexpensive traditional food), decent AC (thank goodness because it was very hot out)

Cons: Outdated rooms; lighting, surrounding location is just bland, amenities [i.e. no pool :( ]

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ser Y
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Flew into Liberia late night. We were all a little nervous about the location (outskirts of town, dirt road, in the city) Arrived at this hotel with a reservation. It was after midnight. They were waiting for my wife and I as well as another friend with fresh squeezed pineapple juice and cut mango, watermelon and papaya. In the morning we enjoyed a typical delicious Costa Rican breakfast with more fresh juice and fruit. I planned to cab it to get my rental but she insisted on calling them. They brought the vehicle to me. We actually stuck around for a bit bc we were so relaxed. Trust me I was itching to get in the water. I've been surfing for 30 years and traveling to Central America for at least 15. I work in the service industry. I've never been so warmly welcomed at a hotel. The manager, maybe owner (Isabel) was the sweetest woman, as were the others. There was no act. Genuine hospitality. I've felt that in Fiji before. They just love you being there.
The room was basic. We had a triple with three full beds in it. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Nice large shower. Things were worn, but this is Costa Rica. So, it was as nice as anywhere I'd normally stay in the country. There was a new hardwood gazebo built at the hotels center outside. We sat there enjoying the birds on the feeder and the excessive tropical landscaping! There are many large fruit trees, hence all the juice and cut up stuff. Mangos were everywhere! A lot going on for such a small property.
Upon our return it was much of the same. Pulled it at 630 pm and was given fresh juice. Isabel gave my wife her iPhone charger she'd left behind. We hadn't eaten all day. Upon mentioning this we were told that dinner would be ready in an hour. Took a shower. Returned downstairs to fresh chicken, rice, beans and boiled chayote. Delicious. 16$ for three. Had another great nights sleep.
Our flight was at 6:45 am. Once again at 4am we enjoyed fruit and were offered a full breakfast. To early to eat more than the fruit. The staff all came out for a farewell and waved goodbye as we pulled away at 5am.
I do not post many reviews but felt as thought this great experience warranted it. For comparison I spent my whole trip at Iguanazul for a wedding. I've stayed there before and consider it very nice. Roberto, the manager is a good as they get! Full service experience. This stay before and after that really made the trip special. It was nice to have that extra hospitality when u need it on your heavy travel days. You need your Spanish mom handing you some juice and telling you to just sit back and relax. Pura vida.
Forget the over priced Hilton. Don't waist your money. There's no reason to spend your pre and post surf time anywhere else. Think it was 65$ for the room! I'll surely return if back in Liberia. Try it :))

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends