Hotel Javy
$60
$75
$32
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmango juicenext morningdona isabelcosta ricahome away from homechose hotelhot waterresidential neighborhoodtreated like familyfried plantainstaxi driverwarm hospitalityfamily owned hotellanguage barrierair conditioningour entire tripsecure parking
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just to add to all the reviews. I stayed here on arrival and departure from Costa Rica. Arrived 10.30pm and was met with a warm welcome, fresh fruit and juice. Room a little worn, but spotless with A/C working perfctly. Breakfast was cooked to perfection, tasty and filling. I was allowed to use their phone at no cost and taxi arranged. WiFi as good as can be expected in CR.

I was so impressed I booked a room for my departure. Again as above. I had an early flight, leaving the hotel at 4.30am, but cooked breakfast was prepared while I had coffee.

Not the best hotel I have stayed at, but if you are wanting something clean, tidy with great service at a very affordable price this has to be given a try.

If there is to be a downside,it is a bit out of the way but easily walkable into town. As for the hotel having barbed wire round the perimiter, well it is Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rob1889
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had an early flight from Liberia, so we stayed here for one night. We had two rooms which were on the bottom floor. To get around you would definitely need a taxi as the hotel is a little out of the way.
Service is very good, they are very sweet and we had a fruit plate and fresh juice when we got there and as well in the early morning before we left.
I had to make a local phone call and they let me use their phone which was very nice of them.
They helped us arrange a taxi to Playa Hermosa ($35 dollars one way) and a taxi to the airport as well, the ride to the airport is around 10-15 minutes (depending at what time you're driving at).
We had two rooms, they were both very clean. One of the rooms was aged and very dim lighting, this was the one nearest to the stairs. The second room which was further down was a lot nicer and brighter and the bathroom was nicely done and the shower was good.

Perhaps it was just that night, but the wind outside was so strong that it was super noisy to sleep. Also make sure when you arrive to have enough cash in case their credit card machine is not working.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank alexaandraa
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live and work in Guanacaste. I usually stay near the highway when I am in Liberia, but I will be staying at Javy from now on! The breakfast was the best part. Spanish speaking, but even if you don't speak much they will work with you and there are always people there to help you translate.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BenjaminWarner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This small hotel has clean rooms with good beds, TV, air conditioning, WiFi and plenty of hot water. The service is friendly, helpful and definitely upbeat. Our plane was late getting to Liberia and we didn't arrive at Hotel Javy until 12:30 a.m. We were greeted with a smile and a marvelous fruit plate. It was one of the best things that happened all day to weary travelers! Our room was cozy and quiet - just what we needed. The breakfast next morning was tasty and served a little later than usual to allow us to sleep in a bit - same friendly helpful service. We stayed there two nights before continuing on our way and stayed there again on the night before our flight left. We had to leave at 4 a.m. to make our flight and were sent on our way with fresh coffee and fruit to go. We highly recommend Hotel Javy! Thanks Isabel and Carla.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna R
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We arrived after a long hot stinky bus ride. She looked at us and said, you look dry, let me get you something. Next thing we knew we were drinking fresh pineapple juice, and two huge plates of fruits arrived. We ate then looked at our room. It was so clean, we felt total relief. We had a lovely supper here for a great price. Than it was off for the best hot water shower to date and an amazing sleep. In the morning she served us the biggest and best breakfast we have had in 6 weeks. Fresh juice, good variety of fruits, gallo pinto, eggs, French bread, fresh mango juice and coffee. She included all this in the price of the room. What a lovely experience to end our time in Costa Rica. A 3 star hotel with 5 star service.

Room Tip: We reserved in advance so she said free breakfast!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple