“Don't get played - HIGH prices for mediocre food”
Review of Players Cafe

Players Cafe
Ranked #66 of 88 Restaurants in Liberia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 22, 2014

To echo earlier reviews - you will pay very high prices for mediocre food and crappy service. Six of us for lunch. Lost ticket = waiting for 20 minutes. No tap water - only $2 bottles. Total cost for 6 sandwiches, 3 bottles, a coke and a local beer was over $175. There's a Quizno's down the concourse, and a different restaurant before you pass through security. We'd highly recommend NOT eating at Players.

2  Thank Scott M

Reviewed June 20, 2014

With 3 hours to kill at the airport we ended up having our lunch there with a couple of drinks. Food was just okay, prices were atrocious. At least we did have a place to sit and relax while waiting for our flight, as the waiting rooms were jammed.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

First of all, the food comes in small portions and it's not that great. My omelette was made with really bad sliced cheese. Then, I went to see if they calculated the currency exchange rate and it was off. I even brought the receipt to the currency exchange people, and they said it was wrong. When I went back to the restaurant to show them they are incorrect, they replied with, "Well, this is the exchange rate we use." That is awful business and poor customer service. I highly recommend never ever eating at this restaurant.

1  Thank Mlemarie85
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place has terrible food. The prices are equally as egregious. 111 dollars for 5 bottles of water, a check quesadilla, a chappy piece of pizza, and 2 hamburgers. What a ripoff. All of Costa Rica is heading this way also and it will be their demise.

1  Thank chipbesse1
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a quick bite to eat after we ended our trip to Costa Rica. This restaurant offered wifi if you sat in their restaurant, so we suffered paying $18 for a small wrap (no fries or drink included).

When we sat down, we asked the server/bartender for the wifi password and he refused to give it to us until we ordered. He asked what we wanted and when we said we were splitting a wrap he made a rude face, mocking us for not spending more money. Once we ordered they took our phones from our hands and entered the passwords for us.

It wasn't necessarily what the server said to us, but it was the overall attitude and tone in which he spoke to us that was completely offensive. I have never been treated so rudely by a server before in my life.

1  Thank AlexisAbigail